Campchef Everest stove knob fell off!

alia176

Explorer
Has anyone else experienced this with their Everest 2 burner stove? I've reached out to Campchef but was curious if anyone upgraded their knobs. McMasterCarr has knurled knobs that interests me. I was going to get a size smaller than I need then drill it out accordingly for snug fit.

1638200122126.png

1638199887429.png 1638200005464.png

NatersXJ6

Explorer
This hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve been suspicious that it would, considering how the knobs stick out and are likely subject to damage.

I would suggest getting another cheap plastic knob that has the flat side for indexing and use that. I would much prefer to break a knob than a gas valve. The stove still functions with a broken knob, although admittedly not as well.

plh

Explorer
You mean like the one i showed on my post? LOL!!!

I got four guitar volume/tone knobs coming and they have a 6mm ID hole which is perfect for these 6mm OD shaft. They have setscrews so I think i'll be good to go. I'll have two extras that I can send them onward if I like the way things work out. https://www.ebay.com/itm/185170790573
6333k2
The 6121K41 doesn't have a set screw. 6mm (0.236") shaft diameter on your Camp is close to 1/4" look at a 6333K2. Those ebay tone knobs are sweet as well.

alia176

Explorer
6333k2
The 6121K41 doesn't have a set screw. 6mm (0.236") shaft diameter on your Camp is close to 1/4" look at a 6333K2. Those ebay tone knobs are sweet as well.

Ahhh, thank you for that. If I were to go with the fancy knobs from MC, I would've gotten the 3/16" ID knobs then drill them out to 6mm.

I went to my local Ace hardware and they have 1/4" ID knobs all day long but they're too sloppy of a fit, even with set screws. I think the eBay deals should fit "mo betta" :)

Reactions: plh

alia176

Explorer
You guys are cracking me up!

The ones from McMaster Carr would stick out too much vs the guitar knobs, I suspect. These knobs are highly susceptible to impacts so I wonder if it'd be worth the effort to make simple guards. In my case, my stove lives in a dedicated space and the space has adhesive backed foam rubber all around but still, it wouldn't take much to damage the knobs.

1638318891682.png

alia176

Explorer
Looks like you can purchase the knobs from Campchef:

Hello,

Thank you for your email and reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you are missing your knob. For a new one, the part number is MS-103 and retails at $2.99 before shipping and tax. To order this, you would just need to call in at 800-650-2433. We are here Monday - Thursday from 8AM to 8:30PM and Friday from 8AM to 5PM, MST. Anyone can help you place that order with a debit or credit card.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope you have a great day!

Best Regards,

Icon  Description automatically generated
Camp Chef Customer Support

3985 N 75 W, Hyde Park, UT 84318

WOODY2

Adventurer
At least you got a reply, and low and behold a solution from a Mfgr. Most don't even reply to inquiries.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Looks like you can purchase the knobs from Campchef:

Hello,

Thank you for your email and reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you are missing your knob. For a new one, the part number is MS-103 and retails at $2.99 before shipping and tax. To order this, you would just need to call in at 800-650-2433. We are here Monday - Thursday from 8AM to 8:30PM and Friday from 8AM to 5PM, MST. Anyone can help you place that order with a debit or credit card.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope you have a great day!

Best Regards,

Icon  Description automatically generated Camp Chef Customer Support

3985 N 75 W, Hyde Park, UT 84318

I was going to suggest contacting the manufacturer but someone beat me to it, and he even included the relevant information for the required part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles