camper riser

dizzyspots

Adventurer
did a pretty thorough search, but looking for design ideas for a camper riser...need about 4-6" to clear Tundra bedsides and cab roof. Something with function..not just a pair of 4x6's and plywood?
also can the camper support itself on the base alone or does it also need to rest on the bed rails?

Thanks in advance

bill harr

Adventurer
did a pretty thorough search, but looking for design ideas for a camper riser...need about 4-6" to clear Tundra bedsides and cab roof. Something with function..not just a pair of 4x6's and plywood?
also can the camper support itself on the base alone or does it also need to rest on the bed rails?

Thanks in advance

What camper? FWC floor support only is fine. I have seen pictures where a box was made under the camper to lift it. One had full extension sliders so he had two full length drawers under the camper.

arktrekker

Adventurer
Saw a really good one last summer where the guy had used 4 2x5s front to rear under the camper and had installed pvc tubes in between to hold his fishing rods. He also had 2 awesome fishing kayaks in a custom overhead rack as well. He was fishing his way through all of the lower 48

bill harr

Adventurer
images

Cargo%20Slide.jpg

dcsnowtacoma-1.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
I built mine out of 2x3's as I just needed a small bump up. Glued and screwed the frame together then attached it to the side of my camper with some sheet metal clips. I also added 1-1/4" foam insulation to help out in the floor. A picture can be found here in my build thread. Good Luck!

Scoutman

Explorer
Is this something that you're going to leave on or will you be pulling it out after a trip and using the truck for other stuff? 4-6" is a lot of space. I wouldn't just put 4x6's in there and sheet it with ply cause of the weight. Really you could get by with 1x6's on edge with a sheet of ply glued and screwed to the top. If you build it smart then you can have a lot of structure for little weight. Consider adding a water tank (fresh or gray) to the front section, PVC tubes with screw caps for storing long stuff, table, chairs, etc. It really just depends on what you have and need to store and then build your platform around that. If this is something that you'll be taking out on a regular basis, consider attaching it to the bottom of the camper.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I need to raise my camper about 3" to clear the torneau cover rails. I hunt and fish so my box will be water tight, and include three narrow draws for rifles and fishing rods. When the camper is not on the truck, the tailgate will lock the boxes in place and with a rubber bed liner over my box, simply looking into the trucks bed you might not even notice that something was underneath.....

When the camper is in place, I'll have rods that extend down through the campers floor to lock the boxes. No need for fancy doors or locks on the boxes. Simple fiberglassed boxes that rest on the trucks bed with a platform of 2X4 to hold the camper and support the floor.

Bedriserstoragebox-vi.jpg

mad4dirt

Here is mine the camper is for mid size pickups. Nice for storage in the middle I put chairs, sides fishing poles, side on top lots of other storage. I thought I had pics of it without the camper on but can't find them.
image.jpg
Thanks Derrik

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier