camper showers?

simple

Adventurer
Who actually showers in a 10ft or smaller camper? It seems like it's on most peoples must have list when purchasing but when it comes down to it who actually uses one? Do you prefer the outdoor shower? Please include if your camper has a built in wet bath or if it is some type of curtain around a drain pan.

Last edited:

simple

Adventurer
Of all the small RV's I've had, I always preferred the out door shower. Especially when putting on a cold wet clammy wetsuit, I'd run the hot water down the neck for a few minutes before going out. They have all had wet baths. I haven't tried a doorway / aisleway drain pan and curtain.

Last edited:

Scwatts01

I am having the same issue right now while trying to buy my first truck camper. I have a wife and we are about to have our first child and will be traveling for several months at a time during the summer and a month or two during the winter. The outdoor shower will be fine during the summer but I worry about wanting an indoor shower in the winter. For those who do a lot of winter camping what is your solution for showering in the winter? We will be camping at or near ski resorts a lot of the time

hemifoot

Observer
i used mine in my northstar all the time,till it got closer to mid summer and was warm enough to use the outside with a folding shower enclosure,but the wife preferred to use the inside one exclusively.

simple

Adventurer
I'm going to add a little more to the question here and in the original post. Please include if your camper has a built in wet bath or if it is some type of curtain around a drain pan.

n0arp

We have an 11'4" camper, so slightly bigger than what you're asking about. It has the factory wet bath with sliding curtain that keeps water away from a sliding door. My wife and I can both shower comfortably in it, separately or together. And since we full-time in the rig, it's used all the time. We chose the wet bath over the dry bath because it offers more usable space both in the shower, and for storage outside of the shower. It's also nice to have a seat in the shower.

To dry it out after showering we just use a small squeegee - one minute and it's back to the pre-shower state, or cleaner. We'd definitely consider another wet bath if purchasing a new camper, and have no qualms about using it daily.

We have a tankless hot water heater and SinkMi$er to send unheated water back to the fresh tank. 59g fresh, 84g grey, no black (composting toilet) and can use it without worrying too much about consumption.

Last edited:

::Squish::

Observer
We bought our bigfoot 1500 camper back in 2016. We have not once used the inside shower.
if it’s too cold to shower outside, we Don’t shower until it’s warm enough again. We boondock like 79% of the time and moochdock about 20% and campgrounds the last 10%, and it’s never been an issue.
The water heater zaps so much gas and water that we don’t use it that often, and we don’t fire up the water heater unless we are taking a shower or have some other reason to have more than a pan full of hot water.

I suspect if we lived full time over the winter that we would showering inside.

Mappo

I have a yakima solar shower mounted on the roof. It honestly is never warm when I want to shower (evenings and morning). It works well to hose things off and hobo shower as it is more of a hose bib situation than anything. Overall happy to have the option, but use it infrequently.

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
I used the inside shower on my Lance Squire 5000 (9'10"). It was pretty small and very tight, but when there was no privacy outside, it was what was available.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Waste of space and water in my opinion. I built our camper without one, and never do we wish we had one. Sponge baths as needed at the sink for most of the year, outdoor shower with a pressure tank during the warmest months. Campground, gym, or truck stop showers are cheap and easy if you really feel the need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior