camping/utility/overland trailer No. CA

shmabs

Explorer
IMG_7863.jpgIMG_7865.jpgIMG_7866.jpgIMG_7867.jpgtrailer.jpgtrailer frame.jpg

build thread here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/th...thday-present-to-myself.999750/#post-11251432

I built it this last summer for a trip to Moab with my parents, so far that's been its biggest trip, and it worked flawlessly as a holder for my RTT and a basecamp for everyone on the trip. Selling to build version 2.0 (possibly aluminum) and if it sells well, I may look into building a few to sell in the future.

It's a 2x3x.120 steel frame, with 1x2x.090 crossmembers and wall supports. The tailgate is 1x2 as well, but with a stainless steel skin to act a kitchen/food prep area, all other skins are aluminum. The fender supports are 1x1 steel with an aluminum skin, and you can stand on them. it has tube supports front and back of the fenders to function as steps or places to mount a fuel can. The front step has provisions for this, the tongue is a long piece of trailer hitch tube that extends through the front crossmember, and is tied into the frame with more 1x2 tube. The trailer hitch itself is a removable max coupler. It has two round tube load bars that are removable and can mount in a few different spots via captured nuts welded into the top rail. There's a rear receiver hitch, and small tube "bumper" at the rear to make the trailer easy to move. Several stainless steel tie downs inside the trailer, and the tongue handle is stainless steel too. It was built with future plans for a lid, so the front wall has hinge mounts. Axle is a 3500 pound leaf sprung unit, matching width and bolt pattern for the 80 series land cruiser, wheels in the pics are not included, but it will come with stock first gen tacoma rims and cooper at3's with about half tread in a 225/70/16 variety. About 4'x6' inside dimensions and 20 inches to the top rail. Fits 4 pelican 1660 cases perfectly.

Asking 4000, the tent is not included. Pictures are from when I built it this summer, but other than the wheels its looks the same. Please email me at porko53@hotmail.com for the fastest response.

shmabs

Explorer
I've never weighed it, and am not very good at guessing. I'm 5'6" and 120 pounds and can roll it around very easily, even on gravel/dirt.

Mike

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just curious about the exact inside dimensions, need to know if one can easily haul 4x8 sheets of plywood with the gate down?

shmabs

Explorer
The rear tailgate opening is less than 48 inches because of the sealing surface for the tailgate.

Exact interior dimensions with the tailgate up is 49x71.

shmabs

Explorer
Bump:

Land cruiser is sold, so the trailer will come with wheels and tires pictured. Open to offers and trades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94