Can you identify this FWC ?

DuXck

Hi :)

This is my first post in this forum and I'll tell you guys briefly about me in coming posts.

First, I would like to get help to identify this camper:

pic2-1.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Looks like an early 90's vintage Ranger II to me, or it could be one of the models designed to fit the Chevy Blazers and Ford Broncos. Hard to tell the size by the angle of the photo... The Blazer & Bronco models had that extreme rear angle, where the Rangers didn't. The Ranger II wing was more vertical.

The Ranger II was designed for mid-size trucks and was eventually renamed the Eagle. ExPo member Erod, has a '93 Ranger II with the rear wing like that. Sounds like it rubs the corners of his bed rails a little, but otherwise no issues with it.

As far as I know, in the late 80's they also offered a FWC with the rear wing for full size trucks, but I'm not sure which model. Likely the Keystone, but I can't say for sure....? Judging by the colors and decals, I'm going to guess that one is newer than an 80's model FWC.

Not sure if this helps, but a Ranger II is my guess and welcome to ExPo - :beer:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
The angle of the wing is still throwing me off... The shape is reminicent of the FWC's for the Blazer & Bronco's but the other details, like the color and decals are wrong for those years.

By the length of it, I would guess it could be a Grandby or Keystone. It certainly looks longer than the Blazer model or the Ranger II. But most of the large ones had a rear window, which this one doesn't.

Can you not retrace where you grabbed the pic from, for any further details?

I would email Stan at Four Wheel Campers (stan@fourwh.com) and see if he can pinpoint it for you. Perhaps it has been reskinned and someone added new decals to an older model. I dunno....?

DuXck

I will e-mail him.

I'm in the process of buying this and I'll have to find out what type is this as the owner doesn't know !

I want to buy a used early 2000 4x4 truck soon which i will use exclusively for camping.

an extra pic:

pic5.jpg

Last edited:

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Looking at the pictures, that camper looks to be a simple / basic "RANGER MODEL" manf. by Four Wheel Pop-up Campers.

The Ranger model is 8.0' feet long.

Approx. 800 - 1000 lbs.

It probably has the sink, stove, propane, water, cab-over bed, couch, small clothes closet, NO Furnace, NO Refrigerator (at least the camper in the pics doesn't have those) -- Just an Ice Box, built in ice chest. Don't see any camper jacks, so you will probably have to use a set of portable cable jacks to get it on/off your truck.

Looks like it has been outside in a wet area (roof trim on rear of camper is moldy with green) :)

Over-all outside looks to be in decent condition.

Inside picture looks good too.

These days it is hard to find a small / mid sized truck with an 8' bed.

The Ranger Model is designed to fit on the Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier, Dodge Dakota, etc.

Some camper mods might be needed to make it fit on the truck you end up buying.

Camper will probably be sticking out the back of your truck a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior