Canadian Bargain of the year! Alpinetek down parka from sears!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I just bought 3 of these parkas for my wife, my son and myself this past week. I was in the sears retail store and looked them over briefly. I bought them because of the cost of them all. I got all three for 350 bucks tax in. I own Columbia and Snow goose (Canada Goose for the city dwellers), and these coats rank right up there with the 900 dollar snow goose I own. If you are looking for a warm down parka to wear around and stay nice and toasty in, I cannot recommend these alpine tek parkas enough. They are That good! If I put the Canada goose badging on them, you could not tell the difference just by looking at a person wearing them.

kojackJKU

After doing some cold winter "testing" of this jacket. I can give it 2 thumbs up 10 out of 10. For the cost you cannot go wrong with one of these parkas for staying warm outside! they are awesome.

Saw the deal after you post.....the reviews on failed zippers seem very common and they are not /or cost more then the coat to replace. How have tou found yours thus far?

kojackJKU

Mine (all three of them), are fine. Zippers work perfect, super warm, pockets are deep and useful, and just overall good build quality for the costs!

kojackJKU

Nope, Canadian only. Bill, I was checking out the weather where our house in florida is, they had a windchill warning....I laughed my *** off. HA HA.....I just got in from Plowing 18" of fresh sugar powder. Thank god for the ole burban with the 8' blade on it!

kojackJKU

good score, my wife has the mid length red. She LOVES the parka. Like I mentioned, I have a Snow Goose (Canada goose before they became a status symbol), and this parka is 85-90% as good as that jacket. My Snow goose is the resolute which is the warmest they made at the time for arctic outdoor work. I also paid 800 bucks for that jacket back in 1995 at Weaver and Devore in Yellowknife. So, the bargain aspect of the new alpinetek is amazing!