Canadian mapping App. BRMB...WORTH THE MONEY!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have been trying out BRMB (backroad Mapbooks) app. I purchased the book while on a trip around western newfoundland last year. I found the book, and thought the topo mapping in the book was spot on since it has all the trails and routes that normal TOPO mapping does not have for newfoundland. I then found out that they have an app! I will be purchasing all "adventures" from them this year. It is great. diffrent waypoints for different activities.

Check em out. I am NOT affiliated with them, paid by them, sponsored by them, and employee of them. I am Just a Loyal user who thinks the mapping in my tablet being tied to my book invaluable!....

Canadians, Check em out. They have setups for every province!

I'm a huge fan of the BRMB series. I've been using them for years while exploring for new fly fishing spots in BC and Alberta. I didn't know they had an app. I'm looking into navigation options for a big trip my girlfriend and I are planning, and a BRMB app will certainly be on the possibility list. :)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I love the fact that they have EVERY trail. The TOPO maps from other places have about 1/10th the roads. I am going to try it out soon. Only issue I have is no landscape mode.

@kojackJKU , I found this when I was searching for maps of Newfoundland/Labrador. Doing the TLH and the island next month so bumping this thread for the latest.... Is the BRMB app still the one to get? I have an iPad or android phone for nav. I have used Gaia and HEMA in the past, any idea how this compares?

@kojackJKU , I found this when I was searching for maps of Newfoundland/Labrador. Doing the TLH and the island next month so bumping this thread for the latest.... Is the BRMB app still the one to get? I have an iPad or android phone for nav. I have used Gaia and HEMA in the past, any idea how this compares?
Im curious about the same, BRMB also just released on Gaia and im working with that now. Its pretty solid but is missing labels for everything so I have to interlay another map over it.

Gaia is just the maps, you need BRMB products for the extras. The Navigator is great because it allows you to download sections of maps for use when WIFI and cellular are not available, and it's quite reasonably priced. The best though are the maps on a chip for a Garmin GPS. Everything is on those little guys and it is updated fairly regularly and the upgrade pricing is quite reasonable.

@Colin Hughes , can you elaborate on what you mean by extras? I have Gaia and saw that BRMB is available as a premium map layer. What extras does the BRMB app offer in addition to this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thought I had sent a reply to this while on vacation but it seems it didn't go through. the BRMB app gives a bit more info on the PIO's. For instance, Gaia may say XYZ trail is 18 km long, the BMRM app will dig down further, ie: XYZ trail has three loops 8k, 13k and 18k traveling through pine forest and past YYZ lake with an elevation gain of XXX m, etc. If you don't need this, the Gaia overlay is fine.

I ended up finding a good deal on BRMB Alberta/BC on SD cards. What would be the best way to use this for nav on a tablet? Do I need the app for that?

I'm really unfamiliar with tablet mapping programs etc. I always used standalone GPS units like a Garmin Rino 530.