Capitol Reef National Park in our Land Cruiser

wasatchcascade

Reflection
Utah's five National Parks; Capitol Reef, often the least visited, and has some remote sections; vehicle, hiking, trekking, scrambling, canyoneering and simple sight seeing. Campground is nice and Torrey (adjacent) is convenient; with Hanskville, Boulder and Escalante not far away. The Fremont river (some years) can get dangerously high in the spring and vehicle travel (crossing it) should be done with great caution. I've been in many corners of that park, climbed atop many mesas, and been through many slots/canyons, which hold wondrous secrets. I'm happy you got to see some of the glee. The overhead shots of you traveling though; I assume via a drone camera system? Many national parks now prohibit or recommend non-usage; impact on other human users and wildlife.

Bhill_teq

@wasatchcascade - Super underrated, and now one of our favorite parks. Those shots are from a drone! We didn't fly it until we were about 6 miles outside of the park, traveling through BLM land. We are VERY aware how illegal they are in National Parks. Not our style. ;)

Last edited:

pluton

Adventurer
Cool video, nicely shot. May I ask: What device was used for the hand held, on the ground shots? It didn't have the ugly GoPro fisheye look, for which I'm thankful.

Bhill_teq

Cool video, nicely shot. May I ask: What device was used for the hand held, on the ground shots? It didn't have the ugly GoPro fisheye look, for which I'm thankful.
Thank you! I do actually video with a GoPro Hero 5, but I use a Feiyutech G5 gimbal to keep it somewhat smooth, and I film in Linear Mode so it doesn't have the fisheye effect.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Tight production,well done. Soundtrack was easy on the ears too.
We were in those parts 10 yrs ago. The river was pretty low for us and the Loop was beautiful.

Bhill_teq

Way cool, thank you for the video!! That really helps for planning our trip out there :)
Thanks for checking it out! We really didn't know what to expect, but whatever it was, it exceeded our expectations!
Great video!
Thank you!
Tight production,well done. Soundtrack was easy on the ears too.
We were in those parts 10 yrs ago. The river was pretty low for us and the Loop was beautiful.
The loop was incredible, I'm glad that we made it the focal point of our trip! And thank you! We're no experts by any means, but it's fun to share our adventures, and hopefully inspire others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste