Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Great pictures.
Excellent progress on your Jeep. Very tasteful without going overboard for a DD.

Thank you very much! Exactly, I try not to go overboard with things since it is a DD and also partially because i'm a college student and the Jeep doesn't get my full attention 24/7.

Never liked the look of flat-fender (although they are very functional), spartan grills, that kind of crap. Really going for an OEM appearance, like the Jeep could have rolled off the show-room floor with the equipment its got on it. Aesthetics are very important to me and I think thats reflected in the build.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
The JKU Attic by Blue Ridge Overland came in the mail. Currently I have 80% of it installed, just need to install the front straps that go under the hardtop behind the front seats. Will post pictures when that is done. So far I really like it, solidly made.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Quick photo
SCO6Dmm.jpg

ratled

Adventurer
Cap I saw you post on the AEV 2.5" thread, another great picture. One question though, what size tires are you running?

thanks

ratled

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Cap I saw you post on the AEV 2.5" thread, another great picture. One question though, what size tires are you running?

thanks

ratled

They there! Thanks! Currently I am running 315/70/R17 BFG KO2. Had for a year and really like them.

They do run small, about 33.75", so not a true 35 but thats the case with all BFG tires.

daveh

Adventurer
Reports are listing the JL Sahara with a Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So currently in the works for a Big Bend/ Marfa trip in mid December. Working out dates.

Jeep going in for a 50,000 mile service. Currently at 49,600 but won't have time to get it service in BB.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Just some mundane service stuff done. Oil change, power steering flush, topped off windshield wiper fluid, front and rear diff fluid changed, etc.

Should be ready to go to Big Bend in a few weeks!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Slickrock Gear

So found this today and super excited someone finally created a solution for the crappy door netting for the JK. I have to think about it if i'm going to buy the set. It says on the page that once you remove the factory netting and you want to go back, you have to get the dealer to install new ones.

What do y'all think? Again i'm thrilled someone came up with this. My factory netting is getting ripped and stretched out.
kdh1t4d.png

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
So found this today and super excited someone finally created a solution for the crappy door netting for the JK. I have to think about it if i'm going to buy the set. It says on the page that once you remove the factory netting and you want to go back, you have to get the dealer to install new ones.

What do y'all think? Again i'm thrilled someone came up with this. My factory netting is getting ripped and stretched out.
kdh1t4d.png

Good idea but damn those are expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior