Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Got my set of KC Hilities Gravity Pro 6 Driving lights in last night and got them installed. Love the classic look of these lights and they do throw out a pretty good amount of light for not being the higher output spot light.

Went with the driving pattern because if I am ever in fog or a dust storm (Bad weather in general) I can switch them on for better visability and for people on the road to better see me while still being legal.

Pretty suprised that they are brighter than my Trucklite LED headlights even on high beam! I still need to properly align them but I've got them roughly adjusted for now.

dY6Ty5q.jpg

gBSyAj5.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Installed a new cabin air filter and a K&N engine air filter. I was suprised when I was checking the cabin air filter that there wasn't one! No wonder I was dying of dust in the Jeep even with the windows up on the GDE.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
One of the plastic buckles on my Adventure Tool Company Shoproll broke off the other night. Sent it off yesterday to them to get it repaired.

Awesome customer service. Got that roll about 2 years ago. Considering getting some more of their bags for my ARB Tire Repair Kit and to organize my sockets.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Got a few things done to the Jeep. First of all got it cleaned!

Cleaned the engine bay and cleaned the outside the best that I could to get that New Mexico/ Arizona dust off. Looks pretty good now if I may say so myself. Was a little sketchy when I reconected the battery which I probably shouldn't have disconectected in the first place but I had to clean the terminals, they were getting really grimy.
91sBdMj.jpg

Lnm50aE.jpg

Also got a pair of the Amber covers for the KC driving lights, love them.

Light output is killer even with the covers. Can't wait to try them out in the rain or heavy fog.
HQ6Q9uL.jpg

dv7E20v.jpg

Still working on my write up of the GDE. I have had to go back and re-edit some photos I was satisfied with. Hoping to get it put up on here by this week.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So I am getting a little light happy.

Ordered a KC under hood cyclone kit a few days ago that comes with two of their cyclone LEDs. Going to be mounting those under the hood hopefully in the next few days.

Also ordered their JK Rock Light package with 6 cyclones. That is expected to get here by Saturday. I think I will need to source a few bolts but shouldn't be too hard.

Currently trying to see if there is a way I can get the rock lights to come one when I un-lock the jeep to act as a ground light for when I get in it at night while still being able to turn them on with the sPOD. I know that sPOD's new Bantam module does this but I payed 500 bucks for the standard sPOD so I am not going to upgrade to the Bantam which is around 1,000 bucks. Ouch.

Also on the hunt to see if there are any LED lights that I like that I can put on the AEV mast.

theksmith

Explorer
So I am getting a little light happy.

Ordered a KC under hood cyclone kit a few days ago that comes with two of their cyclone LEDs. Going to be mounting those under the hood hopefully in the next few days.

Also ordered their JK Rock Light package with 6 cyclones. That is expected to get here by Saturday. I think I will need to source a few bolts but shouldn't be too hard.

Currently trying to see if there is a way I can get the rock lights to come one when I un-lock the jeep to act as a ground light for when I get in it at night while still being able to turn them on with the sPOD. I know that sPOD's new Bantam module does this but I payed 500 bucks for the standard sPOD so I am not going to upgrade to the Bantam which is around 1,000 bucks. Ouch.

Also on the hunt to see if there are any LED lights that I like that I can put on the AEV mast.

wiring diagram: https://offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48586&postcount=19

ratled

Adventurer

I was going to say I saw one on You Tube not long ago too..... here is the follow up to that video
https://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?p=48586#post48586

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Installed the under hood lights. Had to drill two small 1/8th inch holes in my hood. You know the good ol saying, measure 37 times, drill once haha.

Trail Recon has a great video on his YouTube channel that I followed to install them. Literally did everything he did and it turned out great, I can't believe how bright these things are!

sX8wZoc.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Had a leaking pinion seal in the rear. It was a slow seep nothing too bad. Got it fixed under warranty from the shop that did the gears.

4 of the 6 rock lights are mounted. I need to find a good spot for the rear two before I finish and wire everything up.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
FINALLY!

I decided to stop procrastniating and finally get the rest of the KC Rock Light project finished. Had to go to the hardware store and pickup some bolts for the rear and some electrical wire to extend the right side wire loom to the sPOD, but other than that it was pretty easy.

Finished product is awesome! Makes me really wish I had this when I was in New Mexico in May!

l4dSUBY.jpg

5VLqfsw.jpg

In other news, the Jeep has started to make a bad squaking noise in the front end whenever I have the wheel turned all the way to the right. Going to get it checked out by my shop after I get back from a trip to Cancun. I'm thinking it is my tie rod starting to tire out.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
That looks amazing! Love those rims as well.

Thank you! It was a bit of a pain with extending the wires and making it look decent but they work. Thanks on the wheels, they are just a set of the Rubicon wheels with a wheel spacer, thinking of upgrading to the AEV saltas in 2019.

leander-JKUR

awesome build. I literally joined this site so i could comment on this build. I am just getting started myself with a 2017 rhino JKUR. So far i have only swapped on a metal cloak front bumper as a modification.

Future wish list for me are the AEV Salta's in Onyx, AEV dual sport 2.5", rest of the metal cloak overland fenders/liner/rock rail system, AEV rear bumper/tire carrier.

I know it is ambitious, but like you put in the beginning of this, i plan to ride this thing until it dies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles