Carli radius arm install

Explorerinil

Observer
I got a carli backcountry kit on my truck, I just ordered a set of carli radius arms to replace my stock arms. Install looks pretty straight forward. Anyone install a set? Any tips or pointers? I’m debating on not running the limiting straps, anyone not run them?

Gibby56

Desert Rat
They are straight forward. Make sure you have a big enough torque wrench and get them to spec. Don't forget to grease them when you're done

I did the limit straps, It wont make a difference if you put them on or not if you don't plan on jumping the truck.

Explorerinil

Observer
They are straight forward. Make sure you have a big enough torque wrench and get them to spec. Don't forget to grease them when you're done

I did the limit straps, It wont make a difference if you put them on or not if you don't plan on jumping the truck.
Is there a grease zert on the end that fits in the drop bracket? My understanding is that the bushings on the axle stay and are pressed in the axle. I’m guessing I won’t need the strap, stock arms don’t have it and I won’t be jumping the truck. Did u notice any difference with the carli arms? Still waiting on CJC to get them to me, I was hoping to do the install this weekend.

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Exacty! There is a gap in the drop bracket to get a grease gun onto the zerk fitting for the spherical joint on the Carli Arms. If you are not on 100% flat ground, sometimes the angle is off just enough to not grease one side.

The arms feel smoother through the suspension travel than the factory ones. The original ones felt like they would "wind up" at full bump and unload more than they should have. They allow slightly more flex due to the spherical joint on the frame side compared to stock but its still not much compared to the old style 4 link.

I am really happy with the Carli arms. They are beefy, ride well, and the welds are a work of art.

Dalko43

Explorer
Does Carli recommend them for certain lift heights?

For example, will they work with a minimal 1"-2" lift?

Explorerinil

Observer
I got the radius arms, sitting in the garage... my wife is due to go into labor any day now, which is a few weeks early. That said, I won’t be installing them anytime soon, so I got a friend putting them on for me while I am away, since I can’t get my truck in the parking deck at the hospital I’m using her Jeep anyway.

Explorerinil

Observer
Got the truck back today, I would recommend these replacement radius arms even if you don’t have a full carli suspension. Overall the truck rides smoother, took the sharpness out of bumps and gave the front end a tighter feel.

Dalko43

Explorer
Do these arms provide better articulation over stock?

Will they work even with a mild (less than 2”) lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior