Carry case or bag for Coleman camp oven (not stove - OVEN)

SBSYNCRO

Just got one of these nifty Coleman camp ovens for Christmas and I know this little cardboard box won't last long. I've spent an hour or so searching for either a Plano or Flambeau type case or a zippered bag with handles that is the right size and have not come across anything yet. Has anyone found a good case for these little fold-up ovens? I'd like to have space for the folded up oven, a 9x9 tile, and maybe the welding blanket cover I plan to make...

WOODY2

Adventurer
Just got one of these nifty Coleman camp ovens for Christmas and I know this little cardboard box won't last long. I've spent an hour or so searching for either a Plano or Flambeau type case or a zippered bag with handles that is the right size and have not come across anything yet. Has anyone found a good case for these little fold-up ovens? I'd like to have space for the folded up oven, a 9x9 tile, and maybe the welding blanket cover I plan to make...
Here's one solution for non collapsed

SBSYNCRO

Here's one solution for non collapsed

That's for an insulating blanket (the "welding blanket" I referred to in my OP). Seems like a really good idea to increase usability. But the blanket is as expensive as the oven! lol

Plastic tote? Not very cool though ?

If I could find one that was sized appropriately I'd use a plastic tote, no worries! Just want something that won't turn to mush when it gets wet and will keep the oven from rattling against other stuff in my trailer.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
I'm sure you can find a tote that will work, as for things rattling around
my solution is plastic grocery bags. Here's how, I normally put 6-8 loosely
(depending on how tightly packed I need) stuffed in 1 bag.
I put them everywhere, pot's and pan cabinet, utensil drawer or any cabinet or cubby where things are loose and bounce around.
There not cheap but they'll last 100 years.
Ymmv

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Not a threadjack but, plastic grocery bags are also great for taking up space
in coolers/ice chests.
For frozen food, stack your items tight as you can with couple ice packs on top, use the smallest ice chest possible.
then pack as many grocery bags to the top of your ice chest leaving very little to no
air space. Depending on the quality of your ice chest might need to tape the top closed.
Ymmv

SBSYNCRO

Perfect! Thanks. I spent way too much time poring through pages of Coleman’s military surplus online catalog and found nothing that would fit. Looks like that medic bag is still available on eBay. Might have to get one and then sew Velcro under the flap. (I’m not sure about leather & buckles that catch on stuff when trying to slide it out of a tight storage spot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rnArmy

Adventurer
Perfect! Thanks. I spent way too much time poring through pages of Coleman’s military surplus online catalog and found nothing that would fit. Looks like that medic bag is still available on eBay. Might have to get one and then sew Velcro under the flap. (I’m not sure about leather & buckles that catch on stuff when trying to slide it out of a tight storage spot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do be sure and post pics.

Velcro... why didn't I think of that?

I'd be happy to design up a simple sleeve for it. Padded, not padded, mountable hanging, could be as simple or feature packed as you'd like.

- Nick

dbhost

Make up your own draw string stuff bag for it. Measure it up and go to Goodwill and check out the wide selection of funky bags and cases they tend to have in store...

Make a convertible carry cover / insulating cover out of a welding blanket (probably best idea) and some cinch straps....

The options are crazy endless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94