Cellular Booster / WiFi Booster install....Done!

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I finally got to take the cover off my Toy Hauler trailer and installed a Cellular Booster and a WiFi booster. I wrote a long article with tons of pictures on my web page. You can check it out here:

http://rvbprecision.com/rv-projects/cellular-and-wifi-booster-install.html

IMG_1294-vi.jpg

IMG_1283-vi.jpg

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Nice, Im all about boosting all THINGS!! I have cell boosters for everything and wifi boosters for the times I can use it.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
The WiFi repeater has an access Pass Word to stop unauthorized use.

This evening I was out in the trailer playing with the new gadget and my various devices. I found the Cellular Booster is extremely sensitive to the distance between the phone and the indoor receiver antenna.

Some tests I performed.

With the phone right up against the antenna I saw signal strength of -88 (lower the number the better)

One foot away from the antenna.... -92

Two feet away from the antenna.... -100

Four feet away from the antenna... -103

Six feet or more away from the antenna... -109

Cellular Booster turned off ... -111

This is a huge difference. These numbers are logarithmic. I haven't done the math but the difference between -88dB and -111dB is many hundreds improvement.

So, if you can't sit extremely close to the antenna, or actually tie it to the phone with a rubber band, you will not experience the best performance. If you are using your phone as a HotSpot or are actually using a HotSpot, I'd place it right on top of the antenna and use WiFi to connect to the phone or HotSpot. If you are using the phone to talk, I'd ties the phone to the antenna and then use a wired or BlueTooth headset to communicate.

Obviously, this limited range precludes anyone from using your cell booster unauthorized.

Hope this helps!

rcharrette

Adventurer
We have the same Wilson Amplifier installed in our camper. We've been extremely happy with it. It really works in those remote area's with a weak signal. We also installed a WIFI Ranger for when in campgrounds. While it does it's job your still at the mercy of a slow internet.

brushogger

Explorer
I know some boosters have a wire antenna that is made to have the end on the seat headrest. I've heard of people putting an adhesive Velcro button on the end of the antenna and putting another Velcro button on their phone case to get the antenna as close to the phone as possible.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I'm going to simply build a little shelf where I can put the phone all the hot spot right on top of the antenna. Then I will use my Bluetooth earpiece to communicate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online