CFX-35W

67cj5

Man On a Mission
OK, so it is a Peltier chip cooler.

Unless it's say a quarter the price of a compressor fridge the same size I would not bother.

Just way to many AH consumed, and when it gets above 35° is when I really need it to keep the food safe.
When the weather heats up I will test it for you,

It has too many different duty cycles to take a wild guess, But I have seen it switch on for 4/5 minutes and switch off for 3 or 4 minutes and at another setting I have seen it go in to high speed (Turbo) Mode for 59 minutes and then go in to ECO mode for 128 minutes/ 2hrs 8 minutes and then start all over again,

One thing for sure it seems to be quite thermally efficient because I switched it off 20 hours ago and my Temp gauge is still reading 1.0*c/33.8*f and when I switched it off it was between -1 and -2*c.

TWIH

Rubbish, There is no way will a Waeco or ARB fridges use that many Amps, My ARB 47L uses between 0.621 and 0.779 Amps per hour I have just completed a very long test of over 600 hours on the power consumption of the ARB 47 and some times it only cycles 13 times a day/24 hrs,

watch this video right till the end if you want more proof. this video lists what the CFX 50 uses per 24 hour period.

Theres a reason I use the “Ignore” button whenever Im on a forum and this guy pops up. He’s been laughed off of more technical ones and seems to need the ego boost from getting newbies to thank him. Sigh, there’s always that group in an otherwise excellent, experience based forum.

Thankfully I don't see him unless I fail to sign in...

deadly99

Explorer
Just an update as I got back from my three week trip. Fridge worked great. Some mornings it used the auto shut off feature so my battery wouldnt fully drain. I have it set at 3 degrees and some mornings it climbed to 8. A quick 10 minute auto start of the truck got the fridge back to 3 degrees. Keep in mind I was moving almost every day. I foresee a dedicated battery in my future for the fridge and likely a solar panel on the roof but for now I can get by with the one factory battery.

john61ct

Adventurer
Great, thanks for reporting back!

What voltage does the LVD cut out?

Most are set to protect the fridge, too low to protect the battery, would lose a lot of lifetime if frequent.

NBD for a cheap Starter batt, or if only occasional.

Varano14

Just an update as I got back from my three week trip. Fridge worked great. Some mornings it used the auto shut off feature so my battery wouldnt fully drain. I have it set at 3 degrees and some mornings it climbed to 8. A quick 10 minute auto start of the truck got the fridge back to 3 degrees. Keep in mind I was moving almost every day. I foresee a dedicated battery in my future for the fridge and likely a solar panel on the roof but for now I can get by with the one factory battery.

How did yo feel the 35 was size wise. I am mostly between the 40 and 50 for long weekend trips at most 4 days with 2 people. However I have given some thought to the 35 as well.

deadly99

Explorer
How did yo feel the 35 was size wise. I am mostly between the 40 and 50 for long weekend trips at most 4 days with 2 people. However I have given some thought to the 35 as well.

I packed it and did 10 days with no need for larger. I can see going bigger in order to have a separate freezer section..but the 35 is bigger than you may think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior