chaser trailer question's

detailbarn

Adventurer
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and buying one this fall but I have a few questions about the trailer , hopefully someone can answer for me.

I have all the dimensions on the site but I can't tell where the depth is measured. Say if you had the lid off what would the depth be to the top? Then what is the depth to the first bend? I'd like to use it without the lid at times.

Also what is the track width?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
detailbarn said:
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and buying one this fall but I have a few questions about the trailer , hopefully someone can answer for me.

I have all the dimensions on the site but I can't tell where the depth is measured. Say if you had the lid off what would the depth be to the top? Then what is the depth to the first bend? I'd like to use it without the lid at times.

Also what is the track width?

Thanks for the help!

The main box is 26.28 inches top to bottom
The lid is 6" deep
Outside of fender to outside fender 64"
Track width will vary with tire and rim selection, some fall a little outside the fender, some a little inside.

detailbarn

Adventurer
martyn thanks for the info, do you think it will be ok to use the trailer with out the lid? I want to mount a rack system to the lip right before the slope in the side , how tall is that little side without the lid. thanks again for you help.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
detailbarn said:
martyn thanks for the info, do you think it will be ok to use the trailer with out the lid? I want to mount a rack system to the lip right before the slope in the side , how tall is that little side without the lid. thanks again for you help.

Unless you travel in low/no dust areas I would recommend trying to figure out a way to utilize the lid...

Martyn

detailbarn said:

No problem using it without the lid, we design the lid so all you have to do is remove the center hinge, undo the gas struts, and slide the lid off.

The start of the first bend is 6" below the lip, 14" from the bottom of the box.

Martyn

Martyn

spressomon said:
Unless you travel in low/no dust areas I would recommend trying to figure out a way to utilize the lid...

Good point. The track and rack system we use on the Chaser is made by Thule. So anything you wanted to add inside the box could be added to the lid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94