Chassis Mounted, Removable Propane Tank?

brp

Observer
Hi Expo. I'm looking for a removable horizontal propane tank, 10-20lbs, that I can mount to the underside of my van.

I envision something like a forklift has, but it does not need to be exactly that.

I'd like to keep the propane out of my cab and I don't have a good spot to cut in an access for a traditional, permanently mounted chassis horizontal tank.

Im not clear if the normal removable horizontal tanks can be mounted under a vehicle legally or not, and they would need to be resting on some type of shelf, if they were hung from their normal mount they would be upside down.

Thanks.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
You can hang them upside down, horizontal. Assuming gas withdrawl, not liquid. TTBOMK, forklift tanks are the way to go. Used one for a propane injected diesel back when diesels were still slow.

Not sure about legality. But for some reason, lpg and cng get free passes on safety lately.

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes just use forklift tanks, make sure vapor draw valves not liquid.

Find a dealer/ tech willing to hook up to "remote fill" so you don't **have to** remove them to refill.

Then you can just self-serve at an Autogas stop, pay a bit of extra tax but our highways need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior