Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

qwopzxnm

Adventurer
Finally

So maybe I haven't searched through the 130+ pages of this thread enough but I couldn't find many pictures showing the condition of the scratch and dent units that people have received.

Well I just got mine today and thought I would help change that.

I don't know if they are all like this or not, but I consider the condition of the unit I received as extremely good for the discounted cost. It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth the $212.94. Here is what I found:

Scuff marks along the bottom of one corner.
Slightly crooked hinge
Control panel not straight/flush

That's it! Everything seems very insignificant. The inside seemed as though it had never been used.

I hope I'm not counting my chickens before they've hatched because I haven't had a chance to turn it on. I'm letting it sit it the correct position for a day because the box was sitting on it's side on my front porch for a few hours.

Hope this helps those that have been following this thread.

Last edited:

JLee

Adventurer
Haha yours is way better than mine. I have a puncture through one of the external walls, a squashed corner, dented vent, and a few other bumps/bruises.

qwopzxnm

Adventurer
Haha yours is way better than mine. I have a puncture through one of the external walls, a squashed corner, dented vent, and a few other bumps/bruises.

That sucks. I was hoping yours was in similar or better condition. Looks like these run the gamut in terms of condition.

Did yours seem to be used at all? Do you think the damage came from the previous owner and they returned it after using it? Or do you think the damage came from a previous bad delivery?

JLee

Adventurer
It looks new inside - the outside went through hell, but I think it'll still work OK. I actually had to see it via a video chat with my roommate, since I am in Canada all summer and the fridge is at home in Phoenix. :p

I am tempted to email them with pictures and say 'the description said scratched and dented, not punctured and crushed' and see if they'll give me a discount.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
So maybe I haven't searched through the 130+ pages of this thread enough but I couldn't find many pictures showing the condition of the scratch and dent units that people have received.

Well I just got mine today and thought I would help change that.

I don't know if they are all like this or not, but I consider the condition of the unit I received as extremely good for the discounted cost. It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth the $212.94. Here is what I found:

Scuff marks along the bottom of one corner.
Slightly crooked hinge
Control panel not straight/flush

That's it! Everything seems very insignificant. The inside seemed as thought it had never been used.

I hope I'm not counting my chickens before they've hatched because I haven't had a chance to turn it on. I'm letting it sit it the correct position for a day because the box was sitting on it's side on my front porch for a few hours.

Hope this helps those that have been following this thread.

Good price... nice deal indeed.

Baoser

Observer
I purchased one back in 2012.

I got the Edgestar 63 Qt one. It has been in constant use still the day of purchase; either next to the Soda full of drinks set at roughly 33/35 degrees. Or in the back on the my truck or on the floor (on a tarp) at camp.

Only problem so far is somebody stepped on the cord and the head got bent. But about to order a replacement one.

qwopzxnm

Adventurer
Wow, it was in stock when I posted. Looks like a little over an hour is all it takes for one of these to get snatched up.

Pricing on the site is really interesting too. Some of the open box items are cheaper than the scratch and dent, the 43 is priced higher than the 63, there are two different SKUs for scratch and dent items, etc.

JLee

Adventurer
Wow, it was in stock when I posted. Looks like a little over an hour is all it takes for one of these to get snatched up.

Pricing on the site is really interesting too. Some of the open box items are cheaper than the scratch and dent, the 43 is priced higher than the 63, there are two different SKUs for scratch and dent items, etc.

The 43 in this case was with listed minimal damage. The 63qt's earlier were 'severe' scratch/dent, so that explains some of the price difference. :)

scbrooks87

Observer
Hoping to snag a 63 if it comes along. I never remember to look, but I'm guessing I should be checking the site daily huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior