cheap MOLLE / PALS gear mount

Tried to hit a lot of razor edges with a file. One thing I noticed - one side of the grate has razor sharp edges from the cutting process, the other is more rounded. Put the rounded side to the inside where you're more likely to touch it. I used tape and split loom with zipties to cover as much of the edge as possible.
A twisted wire cup brush mounted on an electric angle grinder would also do wonders to abrade the sharp edge off, and probably save a bunch of time while doing a more complete job of it - just use a piece of junky plywood for backing to support the mesh while you work on it. The kind below is what I use from Harbor Freight and threads right onto the arbor on my 4.5" angle grinder

robert

Expedition Leader
Be very careful using anything from Harbor Freight that goes round and round at high speed. Their RPM ratings seem to be optimistic and the wire cups sling wire (at least the one I tried); we also got a couple of bad lots of Chinese made wire wheels/cups when I was in Malaysia that shed wire and I've seen undamaged Chinese cutting wheels come apart. I stick to the major brands now even thought they cost more; not saying they won't do the same thing, but I've had much better luck with them. Whatever you do always wear gloves and a face shield and glasses.

Good afternoon anyone. Any ideas for making cheap MOLLE mounts for the rear of the vehicle? Off the shelf stuff is quite epxensive.

On a past vehicle I used sections cut out of an old wire dog crate and mounted them in the rear window insets. I never used molle gear, but they were great for bungees, helmets, camelbaks, and other adventure gear. Haven't got around to doing the windows on the Jeep yet but I plan to. I've been looking for something like a 1"x1" square wire mesh but haven't found a good one yet.