Check engine light and limp mode 2006 fuso fG 140

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
All I really know is that it can get my particular truck out of limp mode when I need it to.

That is definitely a good thing, and as you have said, you were able to get the appropriate error code/s to diagnose and locate the fault.

I have a Bluetooth scan tool squirreled away somewhere (that I wrote off as not being useful), so I will load Torque up on my tablet and see what info I can get.
Thanks for your input.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Good luck. Don't be discouraged if you don't get good realtime data, I've never had that part of it work (and let me know if you are able to!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Don't be discouraged if you don't get good realtime data

I didn't... that's why this particular scan tool was delegated to the back of the cupboard.
I did not consider that it was reading the error codes correctly, as every other bit of data that was being displayed was crap!
As I said, I will give it another go and see what I get.

lehel1

Adventurer
fuso diagnostic tool

I didn't... that's why this particular scan tool was delegated to the back of the cupboard.
I did not consider that it was reading the error codes correctly, as every other bit of data that was being displayed was crap!
As I said, I will give it another go and see what I get.

hello all

well, if your ever close to calif i fianally broke down and got an official fuso diagnostic tool mutt 3 and computer along with the manual, at least for around year 08 but covers other years too. it has the procedure to check your codes and errase them using the fuses im happy to share. but i can tell you at least for 08 these fuses have been removed and the process doesnt work on this year.

in the short time ive had the diagnostic tool i have found it invailable, a must have if your doing any kind of traveling. no more guess work and you can get serviced at any garage thats willing.

cheers lehel

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
but i can tell you at least for 08 these fuses have been removed and the process doesnt work on this year.

I have a 2010 FG84D (equivalent to the FG140 I thought) and displaying and clearing codes, both current and stored, can be done via its fuse panel.
As much as it is doable, it is not what I would call "user friendly", but it does work. I know because I have used it.

Out of interest Lehel, how much did the genuine MUT III reader cost you?

biggoolies

Adventurer
I have a 2010 FG84D (equivalent to the FG140 I thought) and displaying and clearing codes, both current and stored, can be done via its fuse panel.
As much as it is doable, it is not what I would call "user friendly", but it does work. I know because I have used it.

Out of interest Lehel, how much did the genuine MUT III reader cost you?

Oh yes, and where did you buy it? thanks

Aaronreese321

fuso diagnostic tool

hello all

well, if your ever close to calif i fianally broke down and got an official fuso diagnostic tool mutt 3 and computer along with the manual, at least for around year 08 but covers other years too. it has the procedure to check your codes and errase them using the fuses im happy to share. but i can tell you at least for 08 these fuses have been removed and the process doesnt work on this year.

in the short time ive had the diagnostic tool i have found it invailable, a must have if your doing any kind of traveling. no more guess work and you can get serviced at any garage thats willing.

cheers lehel
I have a 2007 with the fuses can you tell me the proses plsase

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I have a 2007 with the fuses can you tell me the proses plsase
If you get the appropriate manual for your model truck it will explain the process, but more importantly, it will tell you what the codes mean.
Unless you know what the codes mean, getting them is kind of pointless.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Ordered the Amazon one on this thread today and keeping my fingers crossed but for twenty bucks no big deal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Artisan

Adventurer
Op did you ever figure it out? I have 07 fe140 with the same symptoms as you were having. Like you changing the filter usually did the trick, not this time.
TIA,
Kevin

biggoolies

Adventurer
Hi. Yes figured it out. Had to change the injection pump. Hope that is not your problem. Has run beautifully since “touch wood”. Hello from Tequila Mexico

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz