cherokee EV

LUISJG

Explorer
the best way I ended up was buying the surco mounting brackets they are at very good price only 39 i think for the set of 4 ,this ones mount perfect to the factory rails Not the gutters.

the I got 1 inch sqaur steel tubing to conect them acros welding a little plate to the tubing this little plate rest on top of the brackets with a hole for the bolt, if you dont want to weld the plate you can just put a hole thrue the sqaure tubing but this way you will need the 1.5 inch sqaure tubing.

then you get some plastic caps and paint them

very inexpensive and very eficient and strong,, used them to the huasteca expedition without a single problem or vibrations.

the surco bractes are model j100

LUISJG

Explorer
Clay said:
Have you done anything more, lately?

I wish,,I sold it..still missing her.
right now im on the drawing board to equipt my JK.
I have a project that includes fabricating a custom hard top,
preety much already have tha hole design in my mind and just waiting to
get some time to make it reality.hopefully by sept it will be finished.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
LUISJG said:
the best way I ended up was buying the surco mounting brackets they are at very good price only 39 i think for the set of 4 ,this ones mount perfect to the factory rails Not the gutters.

the I got 1 inch sqaur steel tubing to conect them acros welding a little plate to the tubing this little plate rest on top of the brackets with a hole for the bolt, if you dont want to weld the plate you can just put a hole thrue the sqaure tubing but this way you will need the 1.5 inch sqaure tubing.

then you get some plastic caps and paint them

very inexpensive and very eficient and strong,, used them to the huasteca expedition without a single problem or vibrations.

the surco bractes are model j100

Brilliant! Thanks for this bit of info, Luis! Would you happen to have a high-resolution picture that shows, or kinda shows your mounting setup?

LUISJG

Explorer
cshontz said:
Brilliant! Thanks for this bit of info, Luis! Would you happen to have a high-resolution picture that shows, or kinda shows your mounting setup?

let me look ............................

LUISJG

Explorer
ok this one is the best i have ,,in the picture shows the 1 inch bars with the
"car -top-tent" prootype I had.

, the advantage of using this setup is that your eezi awn wont be very high from the roof.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

LUISJG

Explorer
and here i another pic on how it will look without a tent on top,
then you can use them to load a kayak or something else

also there is a way to get them even 1 inch lower by welding the plate and seating the bar on the side of the bracket...
but i think its ok if you go the normal route

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior