Chevrolet offering serious off-road performance parts for the ZR2 in 2019, never seen this kind of OEM support

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
It's a 23 foot trailer, weighs 4300lbs dry.

I actually ordered a V6 initially. Along the lines of wanting a Rally Raid experience. But somehow GM lost my truck. It got built, shipped to St. Louis, and then it stopped moving for 2 months, and they couldn't tell me when I was going to get it. So I cancelled the order and took the diesel off the lot. I was initially hesitant as I figured it would be too weak and slow, not satisfying. But predictions of $2.00/L gas prices swayed my decision (oops). After 8 months of living with it, I almost never wish for more power. It's very satisfying driving around town. In fact, preferable. Especially when towing, as it's so *relaxed* (there's that word again). 10% grade? No worries, just slow to 45-50mph, and let it chuffle up at 2500 rpm while holding a pleasant conversation with your passenger as the powertrain hums along. With the V6, downshift to 4000 and listen to it revving it's brains out.

But the V6 Colorado was a rocket ship compared to the V6 Taco. That thing was an absolute slug. Feeling of power comparable to the diesel. But no torque either. 2 second clutch release valve. And a 3 foot shifter throw.

emulous74

It seems all we here about is the diesel. How is the v6? Mileage? torque? Did you consider the diesel? Why did you choose the v6? etc
I originally wanted the Diesel and flew to Denver from Austin to pick one up, but the dealership was so bad, that I got a lyft back to the airport and flew home and the only extended cab available at the time in the area was the gas. With the roof rack, bedrack and weight of the drawer system, I was only getting 12mpg, around town the gas version is great in terms of speed, pickup, merging, and handling. I ordered a diesel Bison in October and just got it a few weeks ago and the with the same setup I'm getting 19.6mpg, while it has adequate power, it is much slower than the gas, enough so that I don't pull out into traffic like I was able to in the gas version. But I think the diesel suits the truck better.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I originally wanted the Diesel and flew to Denver from Austin to pick one up, but the dealership was so bad, that I got a lyft back to the airport and flew home and the only extended cab available at the time in the area was the gas. With the roof rack, bedrack and weight of the drawer system, I was only getting 12mpg, around town the gas version is great in terms of speed, pickup, merging, and handling. I ordered a diesel Bison in October and just got it a few weeks ago and the with the same setup I'm getting 19.6mpg, while it has adequate power, it is much slower than the gas, enough so that I don't pull out into traffic like I was able to in the gas version. But I think the diesel suits the truck better.

Turbo lag.

Get it tuned and you’ll change your ... tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior