Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison, COMING SOON!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Wonder when the truck bubble is going to burst....
No clue. It'll be interesting to watch all the rebates later. Usually at the end of the year there is 10K rebates on most trucks here. And that's before even negotiating.

Still, I usually buy used anyway. I've only ever purchased one brand new vehicle. My truck was two years old with 20,000 miles on it when I got it and it was 20K less than the original MSRP. I think I did okay. I didn't steal it by any stretch but I think I got a fair deal.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
I also wonder if AEV will limit the discounts? AEV will not allow their parts to be discounted one cent so I wonder how it works on this deal. hopefully they will discount them as a good looking rig just not $60K good looking not even 52K good looking.

That’s not entirely true.

AEV has MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) which puts all their dealers at a set profit margin. But if a dealer wants to sell it for less they can, they just can’t advertise a lower price.

I got my AEV HD lift at a $500 discount but it all happened over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
FCA does 96 month (8 year) terms here! Yikes!

View attachment 492982

There is a dealership in middle GA that will lift your truck and put all the bells and whistles on it and then give you a 10yr loan!

I’ve seen kids driving 100k trucks with 0 down. As long as they don’t sell it or wreck it I guess it doesn’t really matter. Just a bunch of money wasted on interest in the end. Not my idea of a good decision though.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
There is a dealership in middle GA that will lift your truck and put all the bells and whistles on it and then give you a 10yr loan!

I’ve seen kids driving 100k trucks with 0 down. As long as they don’t sell it or wreck it I guess it doesn’t really matter. Just a bunch of money wasted on interest in the end. Not my idea of a good decision though.

You can't live in the truck or eat the truck, I'd say most would regret it. I reached a point where I said I ain't borrowing for vehicles anymore. I'll drive a beater before I do that.

ttengineer

Adventurer
If AEV found out who that dealer was that gave you that discount they would loose AEV's account and also pay dearly. In the US AEV will not allow their dealers to discount on any AEV part. I know the owner , Dave Herriton, personally so I know that it is true it is not like typical MAP pricing. Who is the dealer that sold it to you for a discount?

I don’t throw people under the bus.

But I’ll tell you, I know for a fact that other AEV dealers do the same thing. AEV can’t stop them from selling a product at any price they want as long as it doesn’t get advertised.

Wallygator

Adventurer
$50,000 I can stomach. TRD Pro at the local dealer is$51000 and that includes a $5000 dealer markup.

The current Tacoma is just up to par with the other manufacturers offerings IMO. Especially for the price. Sure it's reliable but there are so many other things that need to be considered and the others are reliable also. The Tacoma needs an upgrade badly.

Explorerinil

Observer
The current Tacoma is just up to par with the other manufacturers offerings IMO. Especially for the price. Sure it's reliable but there are so many other things that need to be considered and the others are reliable also. The Tacoma needs an upgrade badly.
I agree the Tacoma is my favorite small truck, but it’s in need of an upgrade. If I were in the market for a small truck I would have to look hard at the zr2 since it has front and rear locker options where the Tacoma doesn’t.

Clutch

<---Pass

I was thinking about that the other day. What would you upgrade on it? I have said that myself in the past...but I can't think of much to upgrade on it, as it is a pretty solid as it is. Maybe linked or IRS rear end, and some different engine choices. That 4.6 V8 would be nice, but that isn't going to happen.

Don't quite get this constant need to keep on changing things, why not leave things well enough alone and just maintain it? If anything I would de-evolve the platform. Take it back to the 1st gen size, return to the metal bed, as the plastic bed is a pain to seal against dust for guys who run toppers, use the 4.0 mated to a 5 speed manual. Maybe offer a "Luddite" package...manual trans, transfer case, hubs, windows.... :D

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
I was thinking about that the other day. What would you upgrade on it? I have said that myself in the past...but I can't think of much to upgrade on it, as it is a pretty solid as it is. Maybe linked or IRS rear end, and some different engine choices. That 4.6 V8 would be nice, but that isn't going to happen.

Don't quite get this constant need to keep on changing things, why not leave things well enough alone and just maintain it? If anything I would de-evolve the platform. Take it back to the 1st gen size, return to the metal bed, as the plastic bed is a pain to seal against dust for guys who run toppers, use the 4.0 mated to a 5 speed manual. Maybe offer a "Luddite" package...manual trans, transfer case, hubs, windows.... :D

Well the first thing would be to stop trying to make it a car and scrap the Camry motor. Put a truck motor in it. Next, fully boxed frame. Rear disc brakes. Increase capability/hauling/towing. Diesel?, yes please. The Tacoma also needs it's ergonomics revamped. Then we can get into the fantasy stuff and say solid front axle. :D(never happen)

An I agree I would love for a 1st gen size truck to be available again but I believe those days are long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online