Chevy Express Conversion Seats

Oregonic

Just picked up a 2007 1500 Express Passenger Van. Trying to nail down some seating/bedding for the rear, and looking for something that either reclines (conversion), or folds forward (a la Astro Van) so I can build a platform behind it.

What are my options?
1. Are all rear seats interchangeable within the 1500 series? IE - is a seat from a 99 compatible with an 07? Or do they have different brackets?
2. Are seats pulled out of a conversion van "plug and play" with the floor rails? Are they bolted in, or do they drop right into the stock rails?
3. Suggestions on any other options to look at?

I'd love to pull a rear folding seat out of a wrecked conversion and have it recovered, but I'd like to know how easy the installation is. There are a few options I've found in older models - 99, 02, etc., but I'm not sure if they fit in an 07, and they're too far away to check out on a whim. If anyone hear has experience doing so before I get in too deep, I'd love to pick your brain.

Thanks in advance!

86cj

Explorer
There is some info on the seat issue in the GM AWD 1500 Van info thread, along with pictures.

That thread is for basic info just like that, but people keep making it longer and longer with "I just bought an AWD Van" instead of making their own thread about their van?

It is OK to start a thread here about a GM van, all AWD 1500 van stuff does not have to go in the AWD Van info thread, just the facts man! Boardrider had a great idea lets help him out..................

Silverhorse

Adventurer
I'm putting Honda Odyssey seats in my 3500 Express as we speak. i'll do a write up on it if anybody is interested... not sure how much in common our vans are? my van is a 2013 3500 passenger van and it has two beams that run down the center where the bench seats mount. my modification is off those two beams...

I doubt conversion van seats will plug into your factory passenger van. Conversion companies ordered cargo-upfitter packages without seats - driver cardboard stool for transport - every one I've seen use non-OEM bolts/brackets that require 4 thru-body holes to be drilled after removal of OEM passenger seat rails. Maybe a local welder could make simple cross bars to bolt conversion seat to existing rails? Is there a factory rear seat option that folded forward that can be salvage sourced?

Silverhorse

Adventurer
that is exactly what I did. made my cross bracing out of square tubing and angle iron and bolting the bracing to the existing rails, fairly simple..

dleeallen

Adventurer
I'm putting Honda Odyssey seats in my 3500 Express as we speak. i'll do a write up on it if anybody is interested... not sure how much in common our vans are? my van is a 2013 3500 passenger van and it has two beams that run down the center where the bench seats mount. my modification is off those two beams...

I'm interested. I've thought Odyssey front seats would be nice after driving ours long distance. Way more comfortable than the Chevy drivers seat! Are you putting buckets in the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhorse

Adventurer
right now I'm putting buckets on the second row for my wife. I plan to add them to the front and 3rd row as well... I bought some new "take-outs" off E-bay...

Oregonic

I'm also interested in bucket seat swaps, mainly for the front. I'd like to gain comfort, yes, but also perhaps some headroom clearance so I'm not hitting the ceilling after adding swivels. As for building out a frame/brackets to add an aftermarket rear reclining seat... I have the ability, but I don't want to do anything that won't be covered by insurance. Just not willing to take that risk. That's why I was asking about plug and play with the stock rails. Doesn't seem to exist, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior