Chimney Rock trail: Ladies' Night (5/20-21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
This is an offroading/camping trip that some friends & I are planning. Our ladies usually come along on all of our trips as passengers. But this time, they get to be the drivers! It looks like we'll have about 4-5 vehicles already, and I thought I would open it up to maybe 1 or 2 more vehicles on these forums. So here are the prerequisites:

• Gotta have a 4WD rig
  • Gotta have a lady
  • Gotta let your lady drive your rig

We'll be meeting somewhere in the vicinity of Redington Pass (NE Tucson) at 1PM on Saturday, May 20th. From there we will drive to the 2nd trailhead of the Chimney Rock trail, which is past milemarker 17 on Redington Road. The plan is to camp out at Chimney Rock. Then we'll head back to town sometime on Sunday on the easier leg of the Chimney Rock trail (Bellota Ranch Rd).

It should be a good opportunity for the ladies to get some experience driving a variety of terrain on a moderate 4WD trail. And it will give me a chance to sit in the passenger's seat & play with my new GPS that I bought a few days ago ;)
I've already been figuring out how to use the topo software to map out trips. Fun stuff

attachment.php

:camping:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 84

HongerVenture

Adventurer
This is a GREAT idea. If I lived close enough I'd treat my wife to this trip...
Hope this trips turns out well for you.

Joel

BMAN

Adventurer
It'd be even more fun if you had to ride with someone elses Lady in her man's truck;);) Nothing like spotting your buddy's gal through some gnarly crap in His rig..... these are the things that make for great campfire stories.

Stephanie is a very confident and extremely capable driver! And on the trails I have seen many capable women drivers, some who take obstacles that would scare the beejeebers outa' lotsa' other folks! :luxhello:

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
BMAN said:
It'd be even more fun if you had to ride with someone elses Lady in her man's truck Nothing like spotting your buddy's gal through some gnarly crap in His rig..... these are the things that make for great campfire stories.
I might just have to give this a try :D

expeditionswest said:
Cool idea. Too bad Steph and I arent closer...

She is quite the driver :victory:
Take I-17 South to I-10 East, and then you'll be much closer ;)

HongerVenture said:
This is a GREAT idea. If I lived close enough I'd treat my wife to this trip...
Hope this trips turns out well for you.
If you're ever out in AZ, drop us a line.

P3190094.JPG

My wife absolutely loves to drive when we're offroading, and I'm slowly learning to relax more when she does :eek: . God forbid I ever get badly injured or unconscious out in the backcountry, I want to be sure that my wife is comfortable putting the truck into 4-Lo, turning on the locker, and driving us safely back to town. It definitely takes some practice knowing when to use what gears & how to pick a good line -- and she's gettin' there! I usually let her drive from time to time (when I'm not being selfish), so it will be fun to see if all of us guys can fully relinquish our driving duties, and just sit back and be passengers & spotters.
:shakin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior