chiptune dpf delete problems

KMG

Adventurer
Best of luck with the issues. My ownership of a FG was quite frustrating. Post a pic with the house installed. Thanks, Kevin

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Best of luck with the issues. My ownership of a FG was quite frustrating. Post a pic with the house installed. Thanks, Kevin

Yeah, Kevin, I remember reading what happened. Ridiculous that they couldn't get that fixed, but you're probably putting your new ride to good use and actually getting out there, instead of having a Fuso service center bay ornament like I seem to have, currently.

Supposedly they're getting EC20 wrapped up right now, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. They'll get the sensors replaced, run the learning, run a regen if it's needed, test drive it and hopefully it passes. If not, well, I'll be flying back out here when it's done. Can't spend any more time up here, have to get back before the end of the week.

If this thing really does turn into a craptacular mess, I'll be installing a Cummins + Allison combo into it, and if there's enough room also a real transfer case, LOL.

Fun fun fun. :coffee:

DzlToy

Explorer
An ISB, Allison and NV263 is about 84” long including accessories and yokes.

Weight is about 1700 pounds for all three together.

263 is the push button case, so no levers in the floor, could do the same with a 273 to LCT 1000 if you wanted that instead. EFI Live and Zeus give you ECM and TCM options aplenty.

I have measured a Duramax and it will fit in an NPR where the 6.0L gas motor was and is obviously shorter and lighter than the Cummins.

So, when does the build start? :D

dlh62c

Explorer
Supposedly they're getting EC20 wrapped up right now, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. They'll get the sensors replaced, run the learning, run a regen if it's needed, test drive it and hopefully it passes. If not, well, I'll be flying back out here when it's done. Can't spend any more time up here, have to get back before the end of the week.

I take it you didn't have any faults before the EC body was dropped on?

Czechsix

I take it you didn't have any faults before the EC body was dropped on?

Yep.

But it's a whole herd of things.

The build took a bit longer than they thought, so the truck sat for quite a while, with only a few starts and stops in three+ months. Those starts and stops were to get it moved probably less than a hundred feet each time, and it was apparently never hooked up to a battery tender.

So, some low voltage issues.

Then disconnecting, reconnecting, additional connections, etc - harnesses, batt leads, starts, stops, etc etc.

I think it was a perfect storm.

But I did drive it for thousands of miles with no issues. Last one I had was an NOx sensor that went down, maybe 5k miles ago, then the last run up here to deliver the truck for the build. That was 800 miles back at the beginning of April. All freeway too, shouldn't have had any DPF soot issues with that.

Fuso already said they won't give me any of the defective parts pulled under warranty, I would have liked to have had the old sensors they're replacing.

Czechsix

OK, back home now.

So - EC FX is installed, had a 975 or so mile drive home, only one issue. Had a EngSys amber light come on, with a DPF icon also ambered out. Reason was a very long uphill in 95 degree weather (the Grapevine, heading south, for those of you that know it). I downshifted, three miles later the warning reset, all is well. Topped out at 42mph too, by the way, if anyone cares. (Steinbauer!)

The end story about the faults earlier was that it turned out to be a bad NOx sensor. Fuso replaced all sensors in the exhaust system though, not just the NOx. But seeing as how I've had two of the NOx units replaced in less than 7k miles, I think I'll probably start keeping one on board.

So, TL;DR version, all is well so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz