Chiva today with my new LockRight ...

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
This same post is in the Suzuki thread, but thought it would be of interest here too:

Wow, is all I can say in the difference between having the locker and not. With the automatic, the difference on-road is imperceptable, but off-road, WOW.

I took it up to Redington Road area today to a trail called 4436 and to Chiva Falls. Didn't get too far on 4436 because some "jerk," to be polite, parked in the middle of the trail and was nowhere to be found. Lovely. Went to Chiva and drove over the toughest lines I could find in all areas except three feathers (don't want the kids in the car for trying too much) and stuff I couldn't do a week ago without the locker was a piece of cake.

Sad, though, to see how continuously more and more trashed the area is becoming. And now the Forest Service has a sign up that they will no longer remove trash - they expect people to pack it in, pack it out. The area is going to be a disaster without any cleanup efforts.

Anyway, here is a little movie I made of the day, music is by Adrian Legg:

http://homepage.mac.com/jeffryscott/iMovieTheater17.html

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I've ran into more than one vehicle blocking the trails up there. I'm not sure if someone simply decided it was time for a hike, or if the vehicle was disabled in a bad spot.....either way it wasn't too cool.

Lockers make such a huge difference....

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Jeff, that's a great video you put together! :D
I love the shots as you drive over top the camera!
Great stuff! :luxhello:

Ed

Scott Brady

Founder
Jeff,

I really enjoyed the video. It is amazing where the locker will take you, and it looks like you did most of it at near street pressure in the tires.

You have one cool little machine :)

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
We looked at the Vitara when we were shopping for the wife. She ended up with the Liberty, due in part to the small rear cargo area in the Vitara. I really liked that Vitara.

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it:jumping:

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Great footage, Jeff. The ex-Hanson Warn winch mount is going to do well for that vehicle. I can hardly wait to see video of the 109 on the same route.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I could finally watch the video today, the modem at home wouldn't work. Great video. I enjoyed the trails in that area when I went there with Brian in Dec 04.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Jeff,

Any more/new thoughts regarding your Lockrite now that you have had more time driving with it?

I'm really interested on how it will act on a rain slick road. Let me know if you EVER get rain!

~Mark

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Hey Mark,

I'm still real happy with the locker. I could see where in rain or snow it could be a problem, snow more so, but that is rarely a problem here.

I notice it in parking lots if I make too tight/quick of a turn and I notice it when the tires squeal as I accelerate from a standing stop making a turn. (The suzuki is quite the powerhouse).

Off-road it make a huge difference and I would do it again in a minute. It really is fairly non-intrusive on the road.

Good luck,

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior