Choosing the right Fridge, how does one know which to choose?

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I think the Indel-B is made by Waeco which is now owned by Dometic. The features look the same between the two except that the Indel has the hinge on the edge and the Dometic opens from the side. The Truckfridge is an Indel-B sold under a different name.

I went with the 50 quart because the footprint was the same as the smaller size only it is a few inches taller.

Chad

Davev1954

Supporting Grouch
After reading all of the comments, big thank you!
I came across this :http://www.equipt1.com/item/travel-box-40-liter-fridge-freezer
I don't know anything about this seller, but the features, size and price seem right for me.

Any reason why not?

I just stopped by the new Equipt shop in Salt Lake City today. A nice place and good gear. I would feel 100% good buying anything they offer. That seems like a good fridge for the money.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Well it seems that this is the one.
The last quick question...
What is the power consumption?
I'll need a little more time to save the pennies and then place the order.
Everyone, Thank you !

ChadHahn

Adventurer
One thing to think about is whether you want the top to open from the side or the edge. If it opens the long way, you need more space above the fridge to get into it. If it opens like a cooler then you have easier access.

Chad

coreman23

Check Amazon for "open box"/ used prices.

I've been watching the Dometic CF-50 at $611 for a while, but just bought an open box earlier this week for $489. Great reviews and so far, it's running great. Got down from 65 to about 31 in about 30 minutes.

I'm testing it now at 0 to see if it will make ice. I've heard it won't, but trying it out anyway.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
If I had 500 bucks I'd buy a cheap cooler to get me thru the winter while I saved up for a National Luna. I bought an ARB because I got a deal but when it craps out I'll buy the best.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I've been using the $9 Cooler for the past year and a half and saved some money. With all the quality products these days I don't think I have to spend double to get what I need.
Sure I' d love to have top of the line stuff, but I don't need.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Check Amazon for "open box"/ used prices.

I've been watching the Dometic CF-50 at $611 for a while, but just bought an open box earlier this week for $489. Great reviews and so far, it's running great. Got down from 65 to about 31 in about 30 minutes.

I'm testing it now at 0 to see if it will make ice. I've heard it won't, but trying it out anyway.

Thank you, I had no idea Amazon had open box sales.

coreman23

Thank you, I had no idea Amazon had open box sales.

It's their "warehouse" deals, under the "used" prices. I almost bought the dual zone a while back, but it was $150 more than the one I got. Very happy with my purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racehorse

Adventurer
my Engel 17

I recently bought an Engel 17, removed the middle seat in my LR3 and mounted it and hardwired to secondary battery. I'm trying the less is more approach. I have an edgestar 43 but always too big and too much wasted space for me. Here's how I mounted. It's hardwired to a west marine switch panel in the rear. It's a really great fit, looks like a nice factory option that belongs there and so far very happy with the set up. I have a 100w solar panel attached to the roof rack that helps keep the secondary battery powered.

fridge1.jpgfridge22.jpgfridge3.jpg

Arclight

SAR guy
Sorry, I'm not looking to freeze & cool at the same time, just the ability to freeze if nessarry.

Since I'll be running only on solar I'd really like for the lowest power consumption.
Understand the cold falling out of front loading.

It would appear the truck fridge TF41 best suits my needs?

Since this will be my first ever portable refrigerator I would like to really make the right decision the first time.

I've had the Truckfridge TF-51 for about 2 years now and am very happy with it. The "tall and skinny" format works well for me, and it's been very reliable, has a digital thermostat and power consumption seems to be similar to my friends with the ARB. FYI, the only difference between the 31, 41 and 51 models is a taller center section. I went with the 51 because they said it holds full-size wine bottles. :)

Arclight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke