Clarkson's take on the Defender

CLynn85

Explorer
While I often dont like his opinions, I can never take him seriously so nothing he says ever bothers me. He is, however, one of the funniest automotive commentaries and anyone who's seen Top Gear will agree.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-2481164_1,00.html

It’s also fitted with carburettors so, if it goes wrong — and it will because it was made by communists — it can be fixed with the only item in my toolkit. A hammer.

Scott Brady

Founder
What’s more, there still isn’t enough room behind the wheel for anyone with shoulders or legs, there are still sharp edges, it’s as bouncy as a small dog at suppertime, and as a result it’s about as much fun to drive as a punctured wheelbarrow.

:p

Actually, there is a modern Defender available, with great seats, modern engine, solid axle suspension with lockers, long travel, big tires and low gearing.... Check it out!

That was priceless! I was laughing so hard. What an excellent read

my favs from the article-

It also had a metal roof that could be removed in as little as two days, providing you had six friends to help you, and a small crane

No, the biggest drawback was the fact that under the bonnet it had a paraffin stove. It was — and I’m not exaggerating here — the slowest car ever made

Honestly, there was more horsepower in the trailer.

Last year, for instance, I set off in it on December 10 to buy a Christmas tree and I didn’t get back till April

you need to have some speed to have an accident, and our Land Rover wouldn’t even go fast enough to get the air screamers working. Not that this was a problem, because even if you came round a corner at full speed, a tortoise would have time to amble out of your way.

It’s also fitted with carburettors so, if it goes wrong — and it will because it was made by communists — it can be fixed with the only item in my toolkit. A hammer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online