classic range rover diesel conversion

jrose609

Explorer
I am proooobably gonna go 6.5 or Dmax if I can get my 4.6 gone.

I have a 90,000 mile rebuilt 6.5 for sale if you're interested.

Edit:
It's stock. Was rebuilt about 90,000 miles ago. Runs great. It's still in a truck though. I'm sorry. I forgot to add that. I have the truck for sale for $3500

It's a one-ton extended cab Chevy

Last edited:

Marcelo

bump~0.gif

A thread this good can't be abandoned for this long. :drool: :smiley_drive:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Man I'll just say it: I was WRONG... I've lived with (apparently a Non "j" code) 6.2 in a Sand/gravel truck back in my ski-bum days and that was literally one of the worst diesels ever created, but this J-Code engine seems like a completely different beast... "My" 6.2 NA was literally near un-driveable even when it wasn't full of sand/gravel, but loaded up and trying to drive up Timberline Rd. (if you've ever been up to Mt. Hood/Timberline road it's one of/possibly THE steepest grades at one point on any US Highway) was a test of not only patience but of ones ability to re-define physics and time tables. Oh how I hated that truck and engine. I was completely stymied as to WHY you'd go to the trouble to swap that particular engine into ANYTHING, but the results speak for themselves and any negative words I may have said previously... I now humbly retract. Cool truck man.

Very cool to see that it all came together, sounds **************' out on the trail and seems to have made a great truck like the old RRC into something very unique and economical to boot... Always love to see more diesels in this ridiculous country of ours. Congrats on the project and maybe one of these days we can have a "West-Coast Oil-Burners Expo meet and greet" cause we seem to be growing in numbers no matter how slowly aye. That is IF I can ever get my 1KZ-TE project running

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier