Clone of ARB Intensity LED Driving Light/Light Force 250!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I did get a chance to see a handful of variations in person at SEMA and AAPEX this last week including the "LED" repro. They are definitely a slightly different light dispelling all thoughts they "come from the same factory". I believe in fact there are numerous factories making these. The back casting has a slightly different rib configuration and the front trim ring has a slightly different profile. This manufacture I met at AAPEX said they are not water sealed for full immersion conditions. Make no mistake they were a knock-off design, but they are not from the same production line.

IMG_2001 (Small).JPG
Knock-off @ AAPEX

Additionally we were having a conversation with the Lightforce gents at the Overland Party when the Unsealed article came up, can you say awkward :D Their official comment, "Rigid is going to be pissed at us... ARB is going to be pissed at us... It is what it is". They acknowledged they come from an Asian manufacture that plays no role in the build of the ARB/Rigid model. Some parts may be the same such as the Deutsch connectors. As a long-time fan of Lightforce this was disappointing to hear/see. There are hundreds of LED lights on the market and it is easy enough to build a unique look and sell it on it's own merits not piggy back on the popularity of another.

ARB showed their new smaller LED at SEMA this year. For those of you wanting to look the part in that regard, I'm sure knock-offs will be on the market this time next year :D

IMG_2049 (Small).JPG
ARB's new 7" lights

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
actually the "knock off" versions were released before the lights they supposedly copied. ha ha. There have been 7" "arb" lights out for about 3 months now.

java

Expedition Leader
Any chance you could post some dimensions? I cant seem to find much, Total height from bottom of mounting bracket to top, Total depth from from of light to back, and distance from back of light/mounting bracket to mounting hole?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
actually the "knock off" versions were released before the lights they supposedly copied. ha ha. There have been 7" "arb" lights out for about 3 months now.

A. Where? I've not seen them on the market or at AAPEX manufactures
B. The ARB models were released to market at SEMA, they have been in the works for the last year, not exactly a secret.

Really it was just a matter of scaling for any repro shop. I think we will all agree the style, look and design is (was) unique to ARB, so anything else is just that... a copy. They can be first to market with a 20" version... it is still a copy. There is so much room for unique design as shown by the front line companies that are succeeding in the market.

Might as well sell your JK and get you one of these:

beijing_b60_1.jpg

:D

Last edited:

adventr

Adventurer
Any chance you could post some dimensions? I cant seem to find much, Total height from bottom of mounting bracket to top, Total depth from from of light to back, and distance from back of light/mounting bracket to mounting hole?

Will do.

kojackJKU

I didn;t say they were as good. I know they are not. I am just saying on aliexpress, ebay and other sites there are 7" versions of the "arb" light (I use that as a definition of the light design) being sold.

naked

At the end of the day, is there a $1400 difference in build quality? Regardless of how much better the ARB lights are.. that's quite a price gap.

kojackJKU

I am not sure if ARB use Cree. what does rigid use. Plus, Rigid are not the best LED lights, not by a long shot. So if ARB are made by Rigid I don't see an amazing product.

adventr

Adventurer
Built some mounts for my front bumper and got the lights where I want them. They're definitely big lights!

At least now I can pull the bumper off and paint it. Well, maybe not, still contemplating adding a tube hoop kinda up and over the lights. Not sure about that yet.... Lol

Here are some pics. Planning to go out and aim them tonight so I'll grab some more pics then.

adventr

Adventurer
It was pouring down rain last night, so I didn't get any output shots. Will try again tonight.

I did get them aimed and drove around for a while. Here's my verdict:

Better driving lights than your typical LED Lightbar. These are more focused for aiming down the road. Very similar to a "euro beam" patterned light.
However, they are no replacement for HID lights if you are looking for the most "throw".
Around my geographical area, these lights are perfect for driving. Lots of windy back roads, and dirt roads that are surrounded by trees. Our trails are usually heavily wooded, so these would work great there as well.
If you live out west (desert area), or anywhere that has very long/straight/flat roads, you're going to want something with more throw to it (like a HID light).

I think that the ideal setup would be these lights on a front bumper, and then some HID spot lights on the roof. I will eventually have that setup on my rig.

kojackJKU

Perfect, thanks for the evaluation. I use mine on the open highways at night here in newfoundland. LOTS of moose on the highways here, so the longer the throw I can get the better. Guess I will keep my current setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior