Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

Buckshot62

Observer
1st one could be a 426B. Second one is later than a 413C... I have a 413C and it has fold over legs to lock top down. Go to Coleman Collector's Forum and you can look up most Coleman stoves from 1900 to present (lanterns also ).

hyperboarder

Adventurer
413D and 426B. I didn't realize how giant the 426 was, yeesh. Really dig the 413D though, the cap and pump are nicely tucked into the sides of the tank and protected. Pretty clean and fired right up. 426 needs the pump seal reinvigorated.

GhostRing

Observer
Um that table looks alot like the kamp-rite kwik set table.

Um, dunno what to tell you...It has Coleman printed/embossed all over it.
The box has this lovely young couple on it too. Unfortunately, my box got lost in a house move.

Stolek20se20C5BEidliC48Dkami20PACK20AWAY20TABLE20FOR20420image_zpsg2viovmt.jpg

GordoSmasho

Observer
Im not saying it isnt. Just saying it looks alot like the kamprite. I found the coleman version too. Rebrand maybe. Sorry to side track the thread.

GhostRing

Observer
No worries!
I know there are lots of weird variations of products all over the place...
I came across this model in a thread here at ExPo - purchased one, and haven't seen them since!
It's worked very well for many seasons. I especially like this table design because it puts you actually under the table,
rather than other folding/rollaways that clutter the space with the cross-bracing.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Ok, Coleman aficionados;

I've got a dual burner "PerfectFlow" stove that sounds like a 747 at full throttle with the valves barely open. Makes it virtually impossible to cook anything except steaks and to boil water. Rather quickly, but still...

Is there any way to throttle that puppy back and make the flames more controllable?

The reason you're not getting an answer to your problem is that (most of) the "Coleman aficionados" don't like propane stuff and therefore now next to nothing about it.

Soooo....best advice I can give is to dump the propane stove and get a gas stove instead.:elkgrin:

hyperboarder

Adventurer
I have one Coleman propane stove (alongside 8 white gas) and it doesn't get a lot of use. It's flimsy and the regulator is similar to what you say, all of the adjustment is in the first ~1/4 turn of the knob and it seems to drift while running. I have the stansport propane adapter for the white gas stoves, I bring it camping in case something craps out, and it works way better than the Coleman regulator.

I echo crusaderJK's advice :).

Retired Tanker

Explorer
The reason you're not getting an answer to your problem is that (most of) the "Coleman aficionados" don't like propane stuff and therefore now next to nothing about it.

Soooo....best advice I can give is to dump the propane stove and get a gas stove instead.:elkgrin:

And that confirms the suspicion that I had when I bought it. I was torn between gas and propane. We bought it cheap (and got what we paid for) because I wasn't sure the missus was really interested in camping.

So, I'll pop it up on Craigslist and invest in a better gas model.

I am a little peeved at the response I got from Coleman; "Adjust your cooking times." Really?

huachuca

Adventurer
Top, first, thanks for your service.

This may be of some help in determining the differences between various models over the years.
http://tgmarsh.faculty.noctrl.edu/coleusstovemid50present.html

I'd suggest a two burner 413 series as these are fairly common and wider than the 425's allowing larger pots and pans. I have an "F" model from 1961 and the 1972 "G" I bought while in college. The "F" is my favorite due to its larger tank and adjustable legs. Go with one of the 426's if you'll need three burners. Let us know what you end up with a how it works out for you.

hyperboarder

Adventurer
And that confirms the suspicion that I had when I bought it. I was torn between gas and propane. We bought it cheap (and got what we paid for) because I wasn't sure the missus was really interested in camping.

So, I'll pop it up on Craigslist and invest in a better gas model.

I am a little peeved at the response I got from Coleman; "Adjust your cooking times." Really?

If you want to stick with propane, get one of these and tuck it next to the tank: https://smile.amazon.com/Stansport-...7&sr=8-1&keywords=stansport+propane+converter

The 413 is a good size compromise. I use a 425e but it is a bit small at times. 426's are biggins.

Retired Tanker

Explorer
Top, first, thanks for your service.

This may be of some help in determining the differences between various models over the years.
http://tgmarsh.faculty.noctrl.edu/coleusstovemid50present.html

I'd suggest a two burner 413 series as these are fairly common and wider than the 425's allowing larger pots and pans. I have an "F" model from 1961 and the 1972 "G" I bought while in college. The "F" is my favorite due to its larger tank and adjustable legs. Go with one of the 426's if you'll need three burners. Let us know what you end up with a how it works out for you.

Thanks.

Picking this up this weekend. I love rebuilding things. Cars, motorcycles, relationships...might as well pick up another line of interest...

http://louisville.craigslist.org/fod/5765321797.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier