Collection of Trailer Builds

tmfournier

T.M.Fournier
T.M. Fournier's 2002 ZOMBIGON TJ and Trailer

P1010007.jpg

LawnJockey

A real trailer, none of this sissy stuff.

P1010435.jpgIMG_3016.jpgIMG_3017.jpgIMG_3034.jpg

This is the real deal. No need for propane, just gather some wood or camel dung. What, you want a john, drill a hole in the deck and stick a funnel in it. No flimsy canvas pop up confusion. Just a simple shelter for when the going gets tough. Best of all it is in the for sale forum.

Fresno

Adventurer
@LawnJockney. Your build really caught my imagination. It is the modern equivalent of the old west covered wagons.

atlblacksmith

m116a2 trailer build

Hey, I'm new to this site but have been reading for a few months now. There are some truly talented and industrious people on here! I enjoy peoples attitude and constructive input to each other.

So I picked up a trailer of of Craigslist that I have waited to find for over a year. Plans are for a utility/camping/fishing/hunting/bug out setup. I'm thinking slide in camper because I'm sick of tents in wind and waking up wondering if something is sniffing my tent. I don't feel like shooting through a tent at someone/nothing. Warm and dry is nice too.

I'm thinking of a small camper to keep center of gravity down with storage underneath.

Also, I have never posted to forums, how do I attach photos? I know is a dumb question and there is probably somewhere that tells me

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Also, I have never posted to forums, how do I attach photos? I know is a dumb question and there is probably somewhere that tells me

two methods for photos

1. Simple way is to scroll down below yor new message (before you submit!) and use the "Manage Attachments" button to pull a photo off of your hard drive.
  2. Second way is to save your photos and host them on a site such as PhotoBucket or Flicker. Copy the "forum" URL for that photo, push the tool bar button above your new message for "Insert Image" and paste in the URL in the pop up box. The button is the one fourth over from the little globe with the chain link symbol. You can also past in the URL from almost any photo hosted somewhere else.

atlblacksmith

Thank you Teotwaki! I have been having trouble uploading photos with my tablet. I upload them then are directed to "drag" them to a spot but cannot drag them anywhere. Perhaps an android thing?

atlblacksmith

two methods for photos

1. Simple way is to scroll down below yor new message (before you submit!) and use the "Manage Attachments" button to pull a photo off of your hard drive.
  2. Second way is to save your photos and host them on a site such as PhotoBucket or Flicker. Copy the "forum" URL for that photo, push the tool bar button above your new message for "Insert Image" and paste in the URL in the pop up box. The button is the one fourth over from the little globe with the chain link symbol. You can also past in the URL from almost any photo hosted somewhere else.

Also, I don't see anywhere that says manage attachments, I'm feeling a little daft

atlblacksmith

trailer progress

The wood walls are only temporary until I build steel ones. Im sure the tailgate looks wonky to people but will make sense once the camper is installed (tomorrow hopefully). I need to re-side the truck camper. It is only 700lbs and under 6' inside height so my hopes are for a center of gravity that isn't too bad. I will post more when its on.

Attachments

• m116a2AsPurchased.jpg
    m116a2AsPurchased.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 255
  • m116a2freshherculiner.jpg
    m116a2freshherculiner.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Sketch26224935.jpg
    Sketch26224935.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 256
  • m116a2tailgate1.jpg
    m116a2tailgate1.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 264
  • m116a2tailgate2.jpg
    m116a2tailgate2.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 256
  • m116a2tailgate3.jpg
    m116a2tailgate3.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 0121131459.jpg
    0121131459.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 254

uscg2008

Explorer
Sub'd for this I'm interested in seeing more people do something like this. I want. Set up like this but on a utility tool box truck bed trailer

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Nice work, I like the channel hitch you did Great idea!
Tailgate looks good as does the stabilizer mounts on the back.
Looking forward to seeing the camper and trailer together.

atlblacksmith

Thanks Mark! Got the camper on today. I have 1/8" clearance front to back with the tailgate up. I'm rethinking sheeting the entire tailgate inside and wings now. Maybe partially. Otherwise the spring pin latches inside the wings won't be easily accessible, and the tailgate makes a good step as well. Was a good accident I suppose. The storage along the sides in front, over and behind the wheel wells are the full 8'. So the options for gear/gas/propane/fishing pole tubes and whatever are pretty open. I need to reside and re-roof it so it sits better with me. I don't think there is water damage under it. Maybe I shouldn't say that yet....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior