Common 2nd gen taco 2.7 issues? Air injection?

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Still thinking about getting a regular cab 4x4 taco 2nd gen and ran across people having lots of secondary air injection failures...how common is this problem? Does it effect all years? What is the fix? While I am at it what other common issues should I be aware of? Thanks!

98tcoma3rz

Observer
I have not heard much about this issue. If it's worth anything, I know the 1st gen tacomas with 2.7 are excellent. One of the best, most dependable engines Toyota has ever made, in my opinion.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I have not heard much about this issue. If it's worth anything, I know the 1st gen tacomas with 2.7 are excellent. One of the best, most dependable engines Toyota has ever made, in my opinion.

Thanks, I am also considering an 01-04ish around 100k mile taco as a replacement for my Sport while keeping my Fit. Hard to find though without a billion miles or abused. Seems like either people buy a Toyota truck and treat it well while keeping it forever or buy it and abuse it to within an inch of it's life. Coupled with the ridiculous resale, and it's hard to justify an old truck for $15,000 when a nearly new one is not much more.

From what I can find it seems like it is mostly the 2012 models but reading the thread on tacoworld is a nightmare of randomness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94