comparing winches

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
http://www.superwinch.com/pages/s2/s5000.html

http://www.warn.com/works/dcwinches/DC4700.shtml

Hey folks, looking at one of the above two winches as a possible addition on the Zuki. Neither are heavy duty, but I believe both would suffice for self-recovery of my truck.

However, I don't know if either would truly be functional as far as that purpose goes as far as long term exposure to the elements, actual usability, etc ...

I want to stay light and small - but don't want to waste my time or money on something that wouldn't work.

For about the same price I could buy something like the T-max 6500lb or a Ramsey 8000 pound - both, however, are bigger and heavier.

Thanks for the opinions and insights.

Jeff

Ric

Adventurer
Im prone to Warn, having the 9.5TI as I was researching winches, everyone told me that most of the time your not pulling yourself out, its someone else, but you you want something 1.5 times your vehicle weight.
you could try Tabor winches, from my understanding, they are made by Warn, they just dont the red W lol

Scott Brady

Founder
Absolutely killer winch: Ramsey TripleX 6000

Very fast line speed, light, synthetic line, aluminum fairlead and small footprint.

I helped Chris fit this winch to his Bajataco and it works awesome. It is about $800

Willman

expeditionswest said:

Very fast line speed, light, synthetic line, aluminum fairlead and small footprint.

I helped Chris fit this winch to his Bajataco and it works awesome. It is about $800

This winch looks like a ATV winch!! I would love to see Bajatacos review on this one!!

I love my Warn XD9000I portable! It has never let me down!

Scott Brady

Founder
You should also consider an M8000 option. Fitted with synthetic line and a light fairlead it is very light and is super fast.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
expeditionswest said:

That is where I got the idea for a smaller, lighter, more limited self-recovery winch - but I can't afford the Triple X.

But what about the Warn m8000 ... a little bird just whispered in my ear something about this one :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94