Composite wall manufacturer in USA

Flameffects

Observer
I am looking for a thin composite panel manufacturer in the US. I am looking for a thin 1/4" to 1/2" panel with finished fiberglass on one side. I have contacted Crane and am on my third day and fourth person……not sure anyone knows what they even sell. My build is aluminum stick framed.

dlh62c

Explorer
You might try sourcing some from a local builder of mobile event vehicles and concession trailers. Typically they purchase in bulk.

Flameffects

Observer
FRP applied directly to aluminum frame?

Has anyone skinned their unit with fiberglass reinforced plastic without using a backing?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
To my knowledge there is nobody offering one sided composite panels. Appart from that, I would recommend panel thickness of at least 1".

Choff

Adventurer
I work at a Sheet Metal Co that CNC'S rout and return Composite panels for the Architectural buildings ,Reynonbond and Alpolic are the two companies we get flat sheets in 4mm (3/16" thick) aluminum skin both sides, 62" x 196" sizes , with one side finished colors (many) and the inside is prime painted.

You may want to check a company that deals with Composite Panels for Architectural buildings in your area. They may have drops or overstock.

We have many guys including my self that have built everything from Hunting stands, garage wall cladding, dog houses, pool table covers and etc.
Choff

Flameffects

Observer
I work at a Sheet Metal Co that CNC'S rout and return Composite panels for the Architectural buildings ,Reynonbond and Alpolic are the two companies we get flat sheets in 4mm (3/16" thick) aluminum skin both sides, 62" x 196" sizes , with one side finished colors (many) and the inside is prime painted.

You may want to check a company that deals with Composite Panels for Architectural buildings in your area. They may have drops or overstock.

We have many guys including my self that have built everything from Hunting stands, garage wall cladding, dog houses, pool table covers and etc.

Choff
I have never handled this material do you think it may be good for a durable skin on a build?

Choff

Adventurer
We fabricate and install this product on exterior soffits/fascia and wall panels on buildings for more than 10 years in Wisconsin.
We have not had any call back due to the panels delaminating or paint coming off., paint is finish warranty for 30 years.
Scratching yes, but what does not scratch with paint on it.??
Check out the RV market and air craft market , they are all using a composite material of some design, their are a lot out their.
Good luck
Choff

Bris31

Adventurer
Reading on the specs of different Aluminum Composite Panels, they are PE coated or PVDF coated (resin based), with latter having high anti-scratch property. I too have my cupboards made from the one which scratches easily (as Shannon mentioned).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior