Concrete slab thickness for vehicle lift? (And some great concrete suggestions!)

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
What size shop are building? . I recently purchased 20 acres and trying to decide what size shop to build. Need to have room to store 3 vehicles plus room to work on 3 more.

Design the largest shop you think you could ever use and then DOUBLE the size of the shop.

You "might" be close to what you need by doubling the size of the largest shop you think you would ever need however I doubt it.

Your shop will still be to small!

Design the largest shop you think you could ever use and then DOUBLE the size of the shop.

You "might" be close to what you need by doubling the size of the largest shop you think you would ever need however I doubt it.

Your shop will still be to small!

LOLI think this is a standard answer I hear from everyone even the wife. What started life as a 20x30x12 has morphed into a 40x60x14. That is bigger than the average house sq ft wise. The shop I work in is 40x60 but is broken up and hard to visualize with no interior walls. The way I want to set the building is with the doors facing house. The slop of the land would require more excavating if the doors are on the 60 foot side.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
What size shop are building? I like the door layout. I recently purchased 20 acres and trying to decide what size shop to build. Need to have room to store 3 vehicles plus room to work on 3 more. We have decided we need to do a frame off restoration of the Bronco. This repairing items as they pop up means I spend more time repairing than enjoying driving it.

Looks like your are about 16 feet to the eave. This would be great for me because I need the height when lifting the body off the frame.Roof line of the Bronco sits about 71/2 feet. Luckily with front clip remove and the rear cap I might be able to use a 12 foot 2 post lift. The cross bar should end up behind the cab.

lol......be very thankful if you live somewhere where you can build the size you want and need. We live in unincorporated Boulder co., Colorado. Our building codes limit the size of any building or addition to125 percent of the average of all buildings in our area. Our original plan was 35x45monitor style building but an out of town doctor built a vacation mini home in our area that dropped our percentage down to a 30x34 building. We lost over 500 sq ft and a couple of thousand dollars on plans/engineering. We will make due with the current size and set to build on June 1! Good luck with your building!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles