CONFIRMED Ford Electrical Components for LR3/LR4

These FOMOCO (Ford) parts cross to LR part numbers. All of these parts have been in my truck since or about 2012 with no issues. The brake switch is self explanatory!

The relays are used in both areas under the hood and under the glove box in various spots. The small ones differ from 4 and 5 pole applications so just make sure you put it in the right spot per the wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals.

The cost of the brake switch was $33 from Ford; uber-cheap compared to LR but I believe AB sells them now for about the same price!

The relays are roughly $6.00 from Ford; LR wanted $35 at my local dealer so that's a hell of a savings!

I figure this a good start to getting a list going of suitable substitute part numbers that fit our vehicles. Maybe we can just use this thread to add and build a list for those wanting a parts spares for the trail.

Hope this helps!

Brake Switch: FOMOCO (Ford) 7E5Z-13480-A
IMG_2083.JPG

Relays: Battery Junction Box (under hood) and Central Junction Box (under glove box)

FOMOCO (Ford) 12V/40amp: 5M5Z-14N089-CA is the part to order. Relay is stamped: 5M5T-14B192-CA (4 - pole relay)
IMG_6017.JPG

FOMOCO (Ford) 12V: 5M5Z-14N089-BA is the part to order. Relay is stamped: 5M5T-14B192-BA ( 5 - pole relay)
IMG_5826.JPG

FOMOCO (Ford) 12V: 5M5Z-14N089-AA is the part to order. Relay is stamped: 5M5T-14B192-AA (4 - pole relay)
IMG_6173.jpg

Last edited:

Hell Pie

DiscoDavis, do you have a part number for the coil pack? I've read that the Lincoln LS 8-cylinder coil pack might work for Jaguar AJ-V8 engines, but it seems inconclusive.

I ask because I've had to replace two coil packs this years on my LR3. The first one I bought from the local Jaguar dealer at something like $120. It's clearly a Denso made in Japan item, but there is nothing on the Denso website that tells you what might be an equivalent. The second one I gave in and just bought a Chinese made cheapie from the local auto parts store for $30.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Sorry I do not have a part number on hand. There is an old thread of mine somewhere on here for LR3 and I have a few photos of a coil pack removed.

DiscoDavis, do you have a part number for the coil pack? I've read that the Lincoln LS 8-cylinder coil pack might work for Jaguar AJ-V8 engines, but it seems inconclusive.

I ask because I've had to replace two coil packs this years on my LR3. The first one I bought from the local Jaguar dealer at something like $120. It's clearly a Denso made in Japan item, but there is nothing on the Denso website that tells you what might be an equivalent. The second one I gave in and just bought a Chinese made cheapie from the local auto parts store for $30.

@Hell Pie I'm not around my parts manual right now but if you find the part for the coil packs on Rock Auto for the LR3, you can click on the section that says "suitable part number" or replacement manufacturer or something to the effect and you can then see what other vehicles the part number crosses over to. Not sure if those are on Rock Auto, but its a great online source that is quick to find like vehicle part numbers.

I'll try and look tomorrow as I feel I maybe ready to do coil packs soon just to freshen up the ignition system!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior