Conqueror UEV 490 Extreme

I’m driving to Ohio to look at the 440 and 490. I’d like to hear from members who own a Conqueror. What do you like, dislike? Quality? Any information you can provide to help me make a decision will be appreciated!

TomInOregon

My wife and I own a 2014 UEV 490 that we purchased used. This is probably too late to help you out now, but the quality is very good, especially compared to the typical American RV. There are a number of touches that make me feel like they have done a good job engineering out most potential issues. There is room and ease of access to upgrade/work on the electrical and plumbing. Parts are readily available if needed, but you may have to order from overseas, depending on the part. You should be able to get most everything from Ohio or modify the trailer to take domestic parts. I like the simplicity of it. Everything is accessible and the Conquerors have been around long enough that there are forums with suggestions for upgrades, modifications, and tips and tricks.
One suggestion is to make sure that you lie down on the beds to make sure you fit comfortably. I'm 5'9" and have to lie diagonally on the front bed to fit comfortably (stretch out). On the bed where the table is, I have to lie on the bench seats with my head or feet under the shelves in order to fit. Extensions can be made for the bed on either, but from the factory, the beds are not set up for tall people.
Also, if you buy one, make sure that the water filler cap is either attached to the trailer or get a spare one. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Tom

amenges45

We absolutely love our 490. Had it for about a year and purchased it with every option except air suspension. We have put over 12,000 miles on it and love it. It's great to tow behind our 4runner. Our only complaint is the lack of true four season capability. If we go out below freezing we just dry camp.

amenges45

We absolutely love our 490. Had it for about a year and purchased it with every option except air suspension. We have put over 12,000 miles on it and love it. It's great to tow behind our 4runner. Our only complaint is the lack of true four season capability. If we go out below freezing we just dry camp.

Thanks for your responses. My 490 has arrived in Bellefountaine and I plan to pick it up in January. Leaving on 2/28 for Big Bend area, Las Cruces, etc., to explore and mountain bike. I’ll miss the 4-season capability that my Oliver Elite II had. Curious about how warm the propane heater will keep the camper if I sleep in it fully enclosed. No insulation, so I imagine it will be a challenge when the temperatures dip below freezing?

TomInOregon

I thought all U.S. UEV 490s had insulation since the Evolution model came out. Ours has insulation in it, but it's not real thick. That being said, we have used our Mr. Buddy propane heater with good success since our Diesel heater is not working at the moment. We are planning to take it camping this Winter to see how it does at freezing or below. As mentioned above, we will have to dry camp since the water tank is not heated or insulated (yet).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz