Conqueror wheel bearings

dieselandmud

Adventurer
Need to know the hub bore for the Conqueror Base Camp, so that I can install Bearing Buddies. The Bearing Buddy model number will work too. Also the replacement bearing and seal part numbers if anyone has them.
Thanks

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
You may have issues here as the axle, spindle, seals and bearing are metric as far as I know.

The best thing to do is get the numbers off the bearings and seals and go to your local bearing house where they can cross reference them.

Ideally you want to have all of this information at hand, and carry a bearing rebuild kit with you at all times. If you loose a bearing outside of any large metropolis it's going to take a week to get a replacement.

Years ago when we first imported South African trailer we were faced with the same issues. After the first batch we had all of our axles made here in the USA so we would be using readily available parts. We also switched to electric brakes from the mechanical override.

dieselandmud

Adventurer
Thanks Martyn!
I was afraid of that. The trailer is new but i just wanted to be prepared. I was going to remove the dust caps to check the grease, but I got to thinking if I messed up the dust cap removing it, where would I get another. I guess I will start researching new axles.

Martyn

dieselandmud said:
Thanks Martyn!
I was afraid of that. The trailer is new but i just wanted to be prepared. I was going to remove the dust caps to check the grease, but I got to thinking if I messed up the dust cap removing it, where would I get another. I guess I will start researching new axles.

It's really not an issue if you can source the bearing and seals before you need them.

The risk is that the inner seal may break when you remove the hub to repack the inner bearing.

To do the job correctly you really should remove the inner seal, remove the bearing and then repack it. But with the seal in place you can get a good amount of grease worked into the bearing with your finger.

The best way to solve this might be a an e mail to Conqueror in South Africa to ask for the manufacturer and number for the inner and outer bearings, inner seal, and races.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I've run into more than a couple vehicles from metric countries that have Imperial sized bearings in them. I think that standardized inch pattern bearings have been continued to be used long after many countries went Metric.

Martyn

ntsqd said:
I've run into more than a couple vehicles from metric countries that have Imperial sized bearings in them. I think that standardized inch pattern bearings have been continued to be used long after many countries went Metric.

We ended up having extra bearings and seals shipped from South Africa as none of the standard US trailer bearings or seals fitted. European and South African spindles are completely different sizes from those used in the US.

If they can pull numbers of the bearings and seals any good bearing house should be able to cross reference them and find them. It's just a pain.

dieselandmud

Adventurer
Nope, not yet. I still want to order some extra bearings but haven't had the time to disassemble the hubs.
Be sure to drill holes in the bottom of your stabilizer bars so that the water will drain out.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Chris:
Thought of you last night as we dined at the Chick Fil-A in Cookville as we drove the 110 to South Carolina for the Holidays.

I checked my rear stabilizers after you mentioned this, and mine are sealed at the top. Not sure how water would get into them.

Merry Christmas ... and we got your card. Good looking Fam!

Thanks
Dendy

scottma

Observer
Has anyone figured out what size bearings are needed for the base camp? I would like to have them before I need them.

Thank You

scottma

Observer
www.applied.com
Timkin
32006X92KA1
32008XM90KM1
Seal-SKF 564133-could not find it on the applied web site, so you may have to call.

Thank you so much. You saved me hours of work. Do you know if the hub caps pop off or unscrew? I tried to unscrew them without success. I didn 't want to risk breaking one because I was getting ready to leave on a trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles