Considering a Go-Fast Camper - Interested in real world experiences and reviews.

henryrose

Here are some thoughts from a trip this weekend

We spent an exceptionally wet and windy night in the GFC on the Washington coast last night. I believe we got about an inch of rain and the wind was 20ish with gusts toward 30.

We did end up reorienting the truck to be pointed directly in to the wind. After that the tent handled the wind with no problems, there was some flapping before we moved.

We stayed very dry up top, there was condensation on the inside of the tent walls this morning, but that is inevitable in this climate. The window design works quite nicely to allow for some air circulation without letting the rain in.

The bed rug we have downstairs did get pretty damp. I think this mostly occurred while we were in transit. During stops along the way there was a noticeable drip coming off the space frame about 2” from the rear extrusion on both sides. I did not see the drip once the tent was deployed.

I’m keen on figuring out a way to reduce this water intrusion while the tent is not deployed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallygator

Adventurer
I am interested in the tent itself. Any water intrusion into the tent? Any thoughts on the tent itself? Do you feel the roof top tent is worth the money? Thanks.

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the info. Really helps. Glad to hear it seems to be working as advertised. Recently though, I've been trying to get in touch with some people over at GFC and haven't had any of my e-mails returned. I think there's been some miscommunications about production dates that I'm trying to clear up. I'm assuming things have just been crazy with the holidays, so I'm not too worried.

Keyne

Adventurer
Interested to see some interior setups on the GFC (been working through the Tacoma World postings but haven't seen much on the interior side). I have seen the Vagabond builds (e.x. nice Goose Gear build). Do GFC owners typically just use a modular setup? I was thinking a setup similar to NonUrbias flippac would be great with the ability to open the sides... lots of light and air.

crazysccrmd

Observer
Interested to see some interior setups on the GFC (been working through the Tacoma World postings but haven't seen much on the interior side). I have seen the Vagabond builds (e.x. nice Goose Gear build). Do GFC owners typically just use a modular setup? I was thinking a setup similar to NonUrbias flippac would be great with the ability to open the sides... lots of light and air.

There's a few lightweight builds on Tacoma World but the majority of owners seem to be keeping it modular and light in keeping with the design intent of the GFC.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Luckily for them plenty of people are willing to.

Yes of course they do, it's a great product, but there comes a point when you should think about expanding the production crew to meet demand. A year wait! Crazy. An now that they are also producing full size products, the demand is massive. I wonder what the wait time on the Vagabond is? But they don't have a full size option yet.

chet6.7

Explorer
Yes of course they do, it's a great product, but there comes a point when you should think about expanding the production crew to meet demand. A year wait! Crazy. An now that they are also producing full size products, the demand is massive. I wonder what the wait time on the Vagabond is? But they don't have a full size option yet.

Vagabond may be announcing the full size version by the end of the month.Barn doors are not available yet,but they aware that it is a feature some want,they are trying to make them retrofit-able as they only want to produce 1 model.I think the wait time is 6 months,but I suspect it may go up if a full size version becomes available.
There appears to be room for a third manufacturer to step into this market.

henryrose

Yes of course they do, it's a great product, but there comes a point when you should think about expanding the production crew to meet demand.
They have been hiring a lot of folks and investing in a lot of automation. I think supply chain issues have been a problem, although their production volume seems to be inching up since they brought on a supply chain manager a couple of months back.

ChristopherA502

Look it’s growing pains of a startup company trying to figure out the best path forward. I do believe they are trying to get there without compromise to the product and that takes time. I posted the Feb 2020 to update all. I went to purchase and saw the date on their site. I did confirm directly. Now I have a decision to make to wait or not. Tough...

jdredding

I put my deposit down a few days ago. The wait is not a huge issue right now since I use my ARE camper shell to adventure out of now. We have 2 toddlers and will utilize the GFC upstairs tent as their bedroom. The bride and I will continue to sleep on top of the drawer system in the bed of the truck. Totally pumped about the GFC though. My only issue was I wanted to be able to lock and open the back panel from an inside latch. No option as of yet for that, but that didn’t put a damper on me ordering one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94