converting 74 burb to poptop camper

wanna travel a bit around OZ.so when i inherited fathers burb,we used it to go camping,but that roof is too low.so i cut a big hole in the roof after i found a suitable fibreglass poptop.[took me 2 years]still working on fitting and reinforcing the roof modification.the engineer must be happy or no go!.had to raise the gvm[gross vehicle mass] from around 3100 or so kilogramms to 4100.not only i got heavier with the years ,the burb too.[bullbar,sidesteps,dual tyrecarrier towbar] try to down load some pictures ,but its my first time.also my apologies for any spelling mistakes. also dont know if iam on the right page.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
can anyone help me please .got pctures on my phone,but how do i get them on this page?????
Heidi: The best way to get them from your phone is to use Tapatalk if that app is available. With Tapatalk you can upload directly from your phone.
Otherwise, if you have a computer you could email the photos from your phone to your email account and then save the photos to your computer, then upload them from the computer using the "insert image" link above. I do think you have to have a certain number of posts (maybe 10?) before you're allowed to post pictures - this is something that unfortunately the moderators of this board had to do in order to try and limit the amount of Spam and advertising that would appear here.
Also: PM sent, check your inbox. :ylsmoke:

Heidi: The best way to get them from your phone is to use Tapatalk if that app is available. With Tapatalk you can upload directly from your phone.
Otherwise, if you have a computer you could email the photos from your phone to your email account and then save the photos to your computer, then upload them from the computer using the "insert image" link above. I do think you have to have a certain number of posts (maybe 10?) before you're allowed to post pictures - this is something that unfortunately the moderators of this board had to do in order to try and limit the amount of Spam and advertising that would appear here.
Also: PM sent, check your inbox. :ylsmoke:
hello martin thanks for info.received nothing on my computer?will keep checking.will try downloading some pictures after work.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
hello martin thanks for info.received nothing on my computer?will keep checking.will try downloading some pictures after work.
Look at the "Notifications" tab at the top right of the screen. It may be that as a new member you don't yet have privileges to receive PMs. You can email any photos to me at martinjmpr@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to post them in this thread for you.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
It looks pretty amazing!
20171128_091810_resized_2.jpg
20171128_091841_resized_2.jpg
20171128_091904_resized_2.jpg
20171101_104223_resized_2.jpg
Here in the US this body style is often referred to as the "square body." I think there is at least one other square body pop-top on ExPo and I know there's a GMT800 pop top, too.

wanna travel a bit around OZ.so when i inherited fathers burb,we used it to go camping,but that roof is too low.so i cut a big hole in the roof after i found a suitable fibreglass poptop.[took me 2 years]still working on fitting and reinforcing the roof modification.the engineer must be happy or no go!.had to raise the gvm[gross vehicle mass] from around 3100 or so kilogramms to 4100.not only i got heavier with the years ,the burb too.[bullbar,sidesteps,dual tyrecarrier towbar] try to down load some pictures ,but its my first time.also my apologies for any spelling mistakes. also dont know if iam on the right page.
welding reinforcment frame in and then fit roof permanently.slow job,its about 104 fahrenheit today.

Very cool! Some serious front end and side protection there!
Love the rear bumper and tire carrier setup!
Great job! Pop top is awesome as well!

Love it! We always called that era of Suburban "Big Body "Burb". I'll definitely follow along on this build, you already have such a great starting point and it's cool that it was handed down.