converting 74 burb to poptop camper

Yes my friend you can use your jigsaw, as we call it in North America, to cut the round curves. You need a scroll cutting blade so that it is easier to make curves. A scroll cutting blade is much thinner and does not make the chipping that you have talked about. It should be available almost anywhere and quite inexpensive. I love your big bus and the `Burb´too. You are an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the good work. Cheers, chilli...:)
Will start work tomorrow again.thanks for your advice.panel is to big so plenty of material to cut away.also thank you for your nice words, made me blush.ha. ha.will keep you informed and thanks for being a help.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Will start work tomorrow again.thanks for your advice.panel is to big so plenty of material to cut away.also thank you for your nice words, made me blush.ha. ha.will keep you informed and thanks for being a help.

Did not work on the roof endpanels.had some surface rust where the centre seats used to be.sanded und put rust converter on.started to remove parts from wrecked poptop caravan to replace some worn out parts on my roof.was to hot to work in the afternoon on the burb.now it cooled down the last 2 days.around 36 celsius.honestly if its over 40 and humid i just cant work after lunch.by the way i do feel sorry for all you people in that incredibly cold,freezing weather in the USA.before i can start to put the slide out bed back in i have to put the insulation and the 240 /12volt stuff in.but before the insulation goes in (floor)i have to put the 2 inch bodylift in.(bolt access)and the body lift i need to fit the 2 modified saddletanks to the frame so they dont sit to low. Will post some photos tomorrow,aussietime.

Did not work on the roof endpanels.had some surface rust where the centre seats used to be.sanded und put rust converter on.started to remove parts from wrecked poptop caravan to replace some worn out parts on my roof.was to hot to work in the afternoon on the burb.now it cooled down the last 2 days.around 36 celsius.honestly if its over 40 and humid i just cant work after lunch.by the way i do feel sorry for all you people in that incredibly cold,freezing weather in the USA.before i can start to put the slide out bed back in i have to put the insulation and the 240 /12volt stuff in.but before the insulation goes in (floor)i have to put the 2 inch bodylift in.(bolt access)and the body lift i need to fit the 2 modified saddletanks to the frame so they dont sit to low. Will post some photos tomorrow,aussietime.

Here the pictures. New lifting things.replacing old worn out ones.then the surface rust on the floor.last the modified saddle tanks for the burb.

Here the pictures. New lifting things.replacing old worn out ones.then the surface rust on the floor.last the modified saddle tanks for the burb.

Pain in the bum making this endpanels for the roof.but fitted a second alternator on to the sanden a/c compressor today.

Very very nice. I need to add a second alternator. Were the brackets and pulley part of that compressor or did they come from another source?

I love this build. This is exactly why I keep coming back here year after year.

Very very nice. I need to add a second alternator. Were the brackets and pulley part of that compressor or did they come from another source?

I love this build. This is exactly why I keep coming back here year after year.
Hello edlaffoon.the alternator just mounts on to the a/c compressor.then i found a old adjuster arm and mounted it under the a/c and to the alternator.the pulley was the hardest part.plus it had to be machined.as long as there is no vibrations it will last.plus the belt has to be aligned.i have a 73 k5.used her in them varietybashes for 20 years.same setup on a/c broke mounting bar only once.worst thing on them is this c-clip axle.before i fitted the 8 stud axles i modified axle and housing to take ford bearings and shrinkrings.show you pictures if you intrested.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Once again some nice looking progress you have done. Are you going to mount those saddle gas tanks under the frame between the front and rear tires like on an old GM pick-up? I will be interested to follow your progress on that modification. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Put a 2inch bodylift under the burb.the only realy ugly thing i have to sort out os the fanshroud.it looks so awful i had to shut the bonnet.hopefully i will work something out.the mesh i put in all my chevys is there to protect the radiator from broken stupid cheap fanclutches also if you hit something it normaly dont puncture the radiator.overtook once a roadtrain after following him for 50 ks.all curves.he told me to go and about at the middle trailer thefanclutch and blade went in the radiator.had to finish to overtake him,cars up my back.and then after the primemover(tractor) i cut in front of him in a bushtrack.told him on the radio what iam doing.
Been stuck there for 7 hours until a towtruck strong enough came to loade the 5 tonne blazer.plus the government had the funny idea to back burn this area on that day.well thats how i worked out that this piece of mesh can safe your day.

Hope you dont get sick of me.
But this is my k5.the one with the fanclutch.best vehicle i ever had. Up and down the eastern part of australia she took me and my wife in them rallys(sweepvehicle).up to the tip of capeyork she performed oustandingly.towed a galaxy back to morten telegraph station for 7 hours.was only 150 ks.but the galaxy axles came out every 20 ks.never sell this chevy,even if i have to eat baked beans till i die.

Morning chilliwak
This one for you.dummy fitted the rh tank this morning so i can show you some pictures.got 16 inches groundclearance on tank.more then the transfercase.you can see now the reason for the bodylift.on the k5 i could not do it as she is a fully convertible, as they got reinforcement panels there.after 76 (?)they had the metalroof and you can fit tanks there.cheers urs

Couple of pictures from the roof of the donorvehicle.someone just cut a hole and fitted this roof with about 30 woodscrews.plus 2 corners did not get radiused,thats why the crack.did not do much on the burb.had to take special care of my dog as some idiot baiting dogs in town.so go up in the middle of the night .unchain the dog and go for a short walk.iluminating where ever the dogs nose was pointing. Plus youthgangs terrorising the town in the moment.break and entrys,car stealing.etc.but the cops are slowly on top of it.
Greetings from Down Under.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Great looking pics URS. Those saddle tanks you are using are probably off a 70s pick up. How did you mount them? Did you scavenge some parts of an old pick up? Also I would like to know how you are going to deal with the dual fuel issue. Are you going to use the stock switch off an old pick up? Nice progress on the Burb and always cool to see some pics of your old K5. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Chilli..:)