Converting a Digital Picture Frame into a secondary Monitor?

gahi

Adventurer
So I have this digital frame, we hardly ever turn it on. It has a 10" lcd monitor. It seems like it would work well for a dash mounted monitor. Has anyone ever messed with something like this? I pulled it apart to see if I could spot an easy way to do it. The screen is this one CPT 10.4" TFT-LCD 30 pin connection.
Ideally, I'd like to keep all the functions and just add an aux monitor input, but I have no idea how to go about this. If I cant do that, I'm not opposed to making it work another way. Maybe a to convert my laptops monitor out to 30 pin?

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
So I have this digital frame, we hardly ever turn it on. It has a 10" lcd monitor. It seems like it would work well for a dash mounted monitor. Has anyone ever messed with something like this? I pulled it apart to see if I could spot an easy way to do it. The screen is this one CPT 10.4" TFT-LCD 30 pin connection.
Ideally, I'd like to keep all the functions and just add an aux monitor input, but I have no idea how to go about this. If I cant do that, I'm not opposed to making it work another way. Maybe a to convert my laptops monitor out to 30 pin?

Far as I know this is more time/effort/money than just buying a cheapo monitor. If you find anything useful let me know. Sorry I couldn't help, been looking for a long time for this info...

gahi

Adventurer
Far as I know this is more time/effort/money than just buying a cheapo monitor. If you find anything useful let me know. Sorry I couldn't help, been looking for a long time for this info...

Thats kind of what its looking like. Is there a cheapo 10" monitor? Lowest I've seen is around $250. There are alot of people making picture frames out of old laptop monitors, I want to go the other way.

Last edited:

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Thats kind of what its looking like. Is there a cheapo 10" monitor? Lowest I've seen is around $250. There are alot of people making picture frames out of old laptop monitors, I want to go the other way.

Plenty of direct-ship mfrs out there.

http://www.onvon.com/inch-touchscre....html?osCsid=c15d05f1ae00a77990aaa81eed94b6ba

There's an example...is it gonna be as good as a top-line monitor? No...but it costs <$150.

These are well-reviewed as 2nd monitor...

http://www.mimomonitors.com/

gahi

Adventurer
Thanks guys, those are some good links. I guess I have to decide if I want to commit to setting up the computer in the Cruiser. I really only want it in there for GPS use when I go exploring. I think a remote screen will work better than trying to mount the laptop somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz