cooking skottles

Roverx

Observer
Hello All,

I have made a several batches of these cooking skottles for friends and family and have 4 left from my last run. They are slightly different that the ones offered commercially. They have a larger disc cooking surface at 20”, they are taller at 36” and my design has hard wood handles so you can easily move it when it’s hot and yes mine comes with a new 10K BTU burner. They all come with a coating of olive oil and need to be cooked on and seasoned like a skillet. Mine took several sessions of cooking to be fully seasoned.
They are $180 plus shipping

Located in Nashville if you are close by:)

email roverxtdi@gmail.com or call 615 681 8441

Cheers,
Scott

Attachments

• skottle side view 1.jpg
    skottle side view 1.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 542
  • skottle top view.jpg
    skottle top view.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 487
  • Skottle under side.jpg
    Skottle under side.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 496
  • skottle cooking 1.jpg
    skottle cooking 1.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 501

Roverx

Observer
Yes, they are real Ag discs. I purchase them new, then sandblast the disc and do all the welding/fab work. I off road and camp a good bit and love the concept but hated the commercial version. To small, short and no handles. So I made my own. I do a ton of small run fab work. This one was just a fun friends and family thing. I made 12 on the last run and 4 people backed out so that is why I have extra. My friends have used them at the VOR and Muddy Chief and loved them! Mine has been all over and going to Moab in April but typically sits on my deck. One of the best cooking devices I have ever owned. Feel free to shoot me questions.

Cheers,
Scott

Mccaf

Adventurist
Do the legs break down-unscrew?
Not familiar precisely with these but they come highly recommended from what I learned. how much is shipping to 92119

Roverx

Observer
Yes, kind of? Because it shallow, you have a large hot center cooking section and a cooler outer section. This allows you to cook part of the meal and push it to the outer section to stay warm while you cook the next part.

Roverx

Observer
Yes,
The legs lock into a tube welded to the disc bottom and are secured in place with a thumb screw. NO TOOL NEEDED! just a quick turn and the leg come off. The Disc w/o legs measures 25" x 20" x 6" . The burner also comes with a base so you can use it w/o the grill to make coffee/boil water etc and them just slip it into the grill and you are ready to go. For the people using the 25lb LP bottles. You can get an adapter to screw into the bottom of the burner.

Roverx

Observer
Hi All,

At this point in time I have replied to everyone and have 3-4 confirmed sold. Next person to replay gets it! If I have a few more people who want them I will make another batch next month. Just for reference, I have quoted shipping on 6 people and UPS seems to average $40 -$50 as it's not a small item. As always a business address is always a few dollars cheaper. I take paypal. If you choose to send money other that by friends and family please add the 3% PP fee.

Thank you again for the response!

Cheers,
Scott

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
We may be up for one from your next batch, can the burner be adapted easily to the larger propane bottles? We usually spend 3-5 days at a time camping and prefer to not use the smaller bottles.

Roverx

Observer
Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for the response. I was a bit overwhelmed to be honest. As of right now they are all sold. I have had a lot of interest with this design and will consider making another batch. If you would like one of the next batch please email me off list with name and email. roverxtdi@gmail.com Thanks again for the interest!

Cheers,
Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles