Cool new stuff coming!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I can not say enough good things about David and Aimee at Tern Overland! The way they are building up this business is outstanding.

Btw, we have the windows and the door installed in our camper. Although we take care of our things, these windows and the door have seen a lot of use and attacks from our toddler without any damage. Our little one loves to "punch" through the window blind... first I was worried but I can asure you that nothing was permanently deformed or damaged. Another thing that shows the quality of the windows are the latches. They have a grey button that needs to be pushed before you turn it. We have a demo window that has been to the overland expo and saw a high number of people twisting and turning these latches WITHOUT pressing the button... guess what? They still work like brand new.

In any case, if you are in the market for acrylic windows, this is it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5m7lCxSL4

JCDriller

Adventurer
JC,
It's pretty good size, but I don't have one in hand yet to measure. Are you talking OD or ID? It think 1 1/2 OD would certainly fit. Usually when you quote hose size it is ID though

Man, I re-read that and I was totally off with my question...I was just guessing on the size (looked it up it's 1 1/4), basically I mean a large hose fits over a barbed extension on the rear of the piece and a hose clamp holds it in place.

What's the ETA?

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
Man, I re-read that and I was totally off with my question...I was just guessing on the size (looked it up it's 1 1/4), basically I mean a large hose fits over a barbed extension on the rear of the piece and a hose clamp holds it in place.

What's the ETA?

LOL,
Yea, it just takes the standard hose from the back, I think you are right: 1 1/4". For some reason I was thinking service hose :confused:

I just bought 15 of them to see if people liked them. Looks like I may have underestimated the demand. They will be here mid February. You can get yours by sending us an email at info@ternoverland.com .

Thanks,
David

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Sadly Frank, we get a lot of calls from people with the "other" brand, wondering whether our parts interchange. They do not. The best we can do is find a window of similar size.

<snip>

We realized that availability of complete windows was just part of the problem that people faced here in North America. The other is horrendous service after the sale. We want to make sure that people know that we are not cast in that mold! Our customers can rest easy that they won't end up with orphan products. We have many OEM builders using our windows now as well. They rely on us too. Our cost for this inventory is significant, since most of these items will sit for a long time. It is part of our commitment to doing this better.

Best,
David

Thank you for the reply, David.

Very fortunately, one of sizes recently added should work as a replacement window for us, when needed, thank goodness !

Cannot begin to tell about the unpleasant experiences with the overlord company that owns the "other" brand and trying to get help, not to mention holding my breath that the windows survived the trip from Europe, as the manufacturer is well known for just throwing the windows in an empty box without any dunnage whatsoever :mad: However, one imagines you already know all this very well...

Looks like you are on the leading edge of supplying the (mostly uninhabited) market here, despite the demand, and am wishing you great success, sir !

Hopefully, the OEM demand will keep things going very well for you folks :)

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hi David, your power plug looks good and appears to be what the rest of the world uses (I assume for the use in the US I would need to make up a custom cord). So what is the AMP rating for the plug at 110V? What is its cost? And would that and the water fill be available in a couple of months?

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
It's worth mentioning that the blue plugs are globally used for 220/240v, it would be unwise in an overland rig to install these on a 110v system as it would be too easy for an owner or future owner to travel outside of the Americas and damage their electrical system by plugging into the wrong voltage supply. The fixtures do not come in the same range, but there is an equivalent system of sockets and plugs sold in yellow in Europe for use at 110v; these are generally used on construction sites where 220/240v is banned for safety reasons.

Last edited:

TernOverland

Hi David, your power plug looks good and appears to be what the rest of the world uses (I assume for the use in the US I would need to make up a custom cord). So what is the AMP rating for the plug at 110V? What is its cost? And would that and the water fill be available in a couple of months?

Hi Jon,
The plugs are rated for 16 amps at 220-240 volts. Yes, you would need to make up your own cords. That is why I will be selling the male plug and the female receptacle separately. You can make up more than one supply cord if needed. The receptacle is $39.00, and the male plugs are $12 each. I ordered twice as many male plugs as receptacles because I expect people to want extras.

Both the water inlet and the electrical parts will be arriving in our coming shipment, ETA around the end of this month.
Thanks!

Last edited:

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
Hi Jon,
The plugs are rated for 16 amps at 220-240 volts, so 30+ at 110.

Unfortunately that's not how it works! the amp rating of the plug and socket remains at 16a regardless of the voltage. You will be able to pull half the power if you use them at 110v. You will be very likely to melt something if you use these at 30a. For that application there is a 32a ceeform system.

TernOverland

Unfortunately that's not how it works! the amp rating of the plug and socket remains at 16a regardless of the voltage. You will be able to pull half the power if you use them at 110v. You will be very likely to melt something if you use these at 30a. For that application there is a 32a ceeform system.

You are right about that Nick, I misspoke. Thanks for catching it. I will have to check with the manufacturer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online