Cooper Discoverer Writing Contest Discussion Thread

zolo

Explorer
I am a resident of the US as stated but Im currently living out of country. Can I still enter?

If I can enter do the stories have to be based in the US or Canada? Or any trip from around the world?

daveh

Adventurer
It mentions in the grand prize section to complete a trip from the list of adventures provided by Expedition Portal. Is there a link to this list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepinaaron

Adventurer
Does the trip have to be completed during this time frame starting today, or can a previous adventure and story be utilized?

mezmochill

Is outside
Can it be about a Clinton era politically motivated eco land grab of grand staircase/escalante?

Ha:av-7:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I am a resident of the US as stated but Im currently living out of country. Can I still enter?

If I can enter do the stories have to be based in the US or Canada? Or any trip from around the world?

Thanks Zolo, good question.
The resident portion of the rules is intended for those currently residing in the US or Canada. If you are a US or Canadian Citizen currently living abroad that may not qualify.
Please PM me to discuss more specifics.

The trip does not need to be a US or Canadian based trip.

Regards,
Brian

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
It mentions in the grand prize section to complete a trip from the list of adventures provided by Expedition Portal. Is there a link to this list?

Thanks daveh,
The list is coming and will be posted within a week. It will be partially user generated so we will be asking for suggestions from everyone.

Regards,
Brian

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Does the trip have to be completed during this time frame starting today, or can a previous adventure and story be utilized?

Stories submitted for the monthly prize can be from any time.
Stories submitted for the grand prize need to be from the list of epic adventures that will be published within the next week and completed during the active contest time frame.
Also, each monthly winner will be entered into the running for the grand prize regardless of when the trip took place.

daveh

Adventurer
Thanks daveh,
The list is coming and will be posted within a week. It will be partially user generated so we will be asking for suggestions from everyone.

Regards,
Brian

Thanks Brian. Since you mentioned suggestions, it would be great if something could be included on the list for us in the northeast/mid-Atlantic.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Stories submitted for the monthly prize can be from any time.
Stories submitted for the grand prize need to be from the list of epic adventures that will be published within the next week and completed during the active contest time frame.
Also, each monthly winner will be entered into the running for the grand prize regardless of when the trip took place.

Would it be ok to rename an already posted thread to submit it for this contest?

Can trips for the monthly be camping/hiking/biking/road trip type stuff even if the off road aspect is limited?

Thanks Xterratime.
Yes, much of overlanding, as vehicle supported adventure travel, is about getting out to do you favorite activity. Our vehicles provide us access and support for these activities. The idea behind these stories is to inspire others to get out and discover!

Regards,
Brian

Would it be ok to rename an already posted thread to submit it for this contest?

Your submitted story would just need to be a clean and fresh post.
Start a new thread without any existing comments from others.
It will give you an opportunity to rework it a bit if you think it needs it.

Regards
Brian

xterratime

Observer
Thanks Xterratime.
Yes, much of overlanding, as vehicle supported adventure travel, is about getting out to do you favorite activity. Our vehicles provide us access and support for these activities. The idea behind these stories is to inspire others to get out and discover!

Regards,
Brian

Awesome! Thanks for the repsonse. I'll try and get one put together for my upcoming trip from the mid-atlantic to the southeast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online