Copper Canyon Expedition: Crossing the Barrancas

Scott Brady

Founder
Just got back from Urique. What a surprise that town was. Sleepy and clean, and we ate like kings at the Restaurante Plasa

Here is a shot of us crossing the "bridge" out of Batopilas.

IMG_7346.jpg

We are staying on a friends land in Cerocahui. Just a few miles out of town. A little river flows by, not a rooster to be heard this morning, and today, not a care in the world...:beer:

noah

Hi Scott & Stephanie,

What a great trip!! We'd like to do it, too!!! How can we track you on your trip when you're using SPOT??

Enjoying great pictures, keep 'em coming!!!!

The Noahs

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
expeditionswest said:
We are staying on a friends land in Cerocahui. Just a few miles out of town. A little river flows by, not a rooster to be heard this morning, and today, not a care in the world...:beer:

If you see Diego/Doug at Paraiso del Oso, tell him I said hello!

I brought a couple tours there back in 99/00 . . . and he once rescued me in a driving rainstorm after a drug runner-truck ran me off the road and I broke a spring on my 92 Toyota w/4Wheel Popup.

Thanks for the great updates!

Scott Brady

Founder
Roseann,

I asked for Doug today and he was not there...

We are at another awful campsite for the night. ;)

IMG_7461.jpg

Chinipas is a very cool town. Great vibe and cobble stone streets. Stunning...

Scott Brady

Founder
Here is the plaza in Chinipas. Great town...

Several in the group went to lent (?) this morning in Cerocahui. A 340 year old Iglesia. 40+ Tarahumara girls sang in bright dresses at the top of their lungs - it took the breath out of ours...

IMG_7441 (1).jpg

Last edited:

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
DesertRose said:
If you see Diego/Doug at Paraiso del Oso, tell him I said hello!

He provides pretty good accomodations too.

Scott,

Were you able to get out to Tejaban while in Creel? It also has some great accomodations.

Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
It's great to see the images "live" from the road. I love the latest campsite shot. Just awesome! Glad to hear you all are doing well.

Roseann, a nice little tidbit of recollection you threw in there :)

suntinez

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
We will be able to post nearly daily updates from the route with our new BGAN unit

Scott, which terminal/network are you using? I was just talking with someone about this type of setup, figures you'd be out and about testing it!!

Looks like a great trip ... :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles