Cot for an Exped Megamat Duo

Hvrbvganoo

Does anyone use a cot with an Exped Megamat Duo?

I went out over the weekend and tried mine for the very first time. I loved the Megamat, but hated sleeping directly on the ground. It seems you turn 50 and your back isn't a fan of getting right up off the ground first thing in the morning. It wants a little time and a cup of coffee to get lubricated.

I've heard the large cots with the bar down the middle aren't very comfortable, so I'm leery about them.

Hvrbvganoo

@WOODY2

This one?:

I thought it did have a center bar.

WOODY2

Adventurer
@WOODY2

This one?:

I thought it did have a center bar.
That's the double model. I have the Oversize model and no center bar. Very sturdy, easy in and out.

Mark2457

Does anyone use a cot with an Exped Megamat Duo?

I went out over the weekend and tried mine for the very first time. I loved the Megamat, but hated sleeping directly on the ground. It seems you turn 50 and your back isn't a fan of getting right up off the ground first thing in the morning. It wants a little time and a cup of coffee to get lubricated.

I've heard the large cots with the bar down the middle aren't very comfortable, so I'm leery about them.

did you find anything. I want same

TomInOregon

My wife and I have an older version of the Queen sized Coleman air mattress with frame. The air mattresses spring leaks after very little use, but the frames are great. The Megamat Duo fits really well on there. We started out using the Megamat on top of the air mattress, but after the mattress started leaking, we switched to the Megamat directly on the frame and it was fine. We also used a pump to make sure the Megamat has a decent amount of air in it. We haven't used it in a few years since we transitioned to a trailer instead of tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior