CQ CQ CQ, Come In CQ!

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
CQ this is KE7JYZ! :luxhello:

I recieved Mark Longfields study book last Thursday, studied for about an hour getting me through the first chapter and a half. Amy quized me from the question pool as we drove 30 minutes to Hamfest on Satruday morning in Mesa, and I went for it! Took the test on Saturday and my call sign was ready for me today! :wings:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Sweet!

:rockon:

Do you have a radio in the Rover yet? I'm turning into a bonafide GEEK. The Mesa repeater (147.120) has a "drivetime net" on weekday mornings between 7 and 8. A volunteet reads off some fun trivia questions. The crappy drive goes by much faster now.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Good job Brian, now the next time you hear me calling out in the middle of the night on my way to a Portal event, you can answer! :luxhello:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
YEAH McVick!! :clapsmile :luxhello: :jumping:

I just added you to my secret little list (aka cheat sheet) that I carry with me on all of my trips. So welcome to the list.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
SWEET!

We need to get the AZ members to tune in on the Mt. Ord/Mt. Elden Rim Link repeaters for a chat.

147.140 + 162.2 W7ARA Mt Elden, Flagstaff

147.360 + 162.2 W7MDY, Mt Ord, Sunflower

I'm scanning from 05:30 AM to 05:50 AM, and from 16:30 PM to 17:00 PM Mon thru Fri, and can get either repeater for most of my commute.

Brian, sign the book and pass it on!

EDIT: I had a quick chat with one of your VEC's on the Ord repeater on Tue! He was curious as to when I'd gotten my call sign, and rightly predicted you'd be in the "J" series.

Mark

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior