Crux Expedition Trailers in Denver CO.

PSea

Did you create this forum? I remember that you were very vocal on the thread that was removed.
I did. Just wanted a forum where people could speak openly and honestly. Ironically, after reading input from many seasoned owners, every single criticism I raised (mostly electrical) are well founded. The rest of my criticisms were towards dealer habits. One decided to defend they're practices and I gave him a fight he probably doesn't want to repeat in open.

I have a deposit on one. But I refuse to go into it blindly.

Hope to see you over there!

Robster728

PSea,

I've got a Crux 1600 that I need sold ASAP for a very competitive price. It's currently at my sisters house, but she just sold it and I have to find a new home for it. I have a post on here in the classified section, but more than happy to talk offline if you shoot me message on here.
still available

PSea

Geanes, I found a facebook group dedicated to the dominator/patron. Don't have the link right now, but I posted it at our newforum. See link above. Users have really made me excited to pick mine up. Been addicted to reading about all the different mods those aussies have been doing for YEARS.
Freedom17 why are you angry with this post? I noticed you're from CO, Crux's home state IIRC. Are you associated with Crux?

Last edited:

SuperDave50

PSea,

I've got a Crux 1600 that I need sold ASAP for a very competitive price. It's currently at my sisters house, but she just sold it and I have to find a new home for it. I have a post on here in the classified section, but more than happy to talk offline if you shoot me message on here.
Hello! Is the crux 1600 still available?

Rlemond

Would love to hear about more experience with Crux trailers, specifically the 1610. Looking to buy one soon. Thanks in advance.

PSea

I bought a used black series dominator. compared to crux. both pretty similar. if I were to do it again, id buy one brand new fr alibaba. they're exactly the same (prob built at same plant) .....and they're a FRACTION of the cost going this route.

Palpatine

Would love to hear about more experience with Crux trailers, specifically the 1610. Looking to buy one soon. Thanks in advance.
Overall I'm happy with mine, still kind of early but I've had it out 4 times.
I have not had any issues with the build quality and it has allot of features for the price in comparison to the others I considered.
The main reason I went with it was what you get for the price in comparison to the other similar options.
I also really liked all the storage built in, I have it all organized and loaded, just add food to the fridge and we are out.

I ended up taking the top rack off, it was difficult to open and close on my own, if you always have someone to help then it would be less of a problem.
The other issue with the rack, if you store all your bedding in the tent, the rack is very difficult to get closed around it. The tent bag is large, I have king size sleeping bag, king size comforter and 4 pillows up there.
Fits fine, just can't close the rack around it.
The other complaint is the fridge access through the tent.
Really not a problem but if you are frequently in and out of it, it can get kind of annoying to open the tent/door/slide multiple times.
So I leave it open during meal time, this summer when I get up into mosquito land I'm not sure how well that will work out. Maybe add some netting around it?
I have considered rotating the tent 90 degrees to eliminate the issue.
I have not built the annex room, that is allot of poles and fabric, adds allot of space but for 3 of us it will probably never be needed.
Only thing I would like to add is a slide out awning over the driver side, the annex has one but so many poles...
I'm going to build a awning bracket onto what's left of the removed top rack.

PSea

I bought a used black series dominator. compared to crux. both pretty similar. if I were to do it again, id buy one brand new fr alibaba. they're exactly the same (prob built at same plant) .....and they're a FRACTION of the cost going this route.

Rlemond

Overall I'm happy with mine, still kind of early but I've had it out 4 times.
I have not had any issues with the build quality and it has allot of features for the price in comparison to the others I considered.
The main reason I went with it was what you get for the price in comparison to the other similar options.
I also really liked all the storage built in, I have it all organized and loaded, just add food to the fridge and we are out.

I ended up taking the top rack off, it was difficult to open and close on my own, if you always have someone to help then it would be less of a problem.
The other issue with the rack, if you store all your bedding in the tent, the rack is very difficult to get closed around it. The tent bag is large, I have king size sleeping bag, king size comforter and 4 pillows up there.
Fits fine, just can't close the rack around it.
The other complaint is the fridge access through the tent.
Really not a problem but if you are frequently in and out of it, it can get kind of annoying to open the tent/door/slide multiple times.
So I leave it open during meal time, this summer when I get up into mosquito land I'm not sure how well that will work out. Maybe add some netting around it?
I have considered rotating the tent 90 degrees to eliminate the issue.
I have not built the annex room, that is allot of poles and fabric, adds allot of space but for 3 of us it will probably never be needed.
Only thing I would like to add is a slide out awning over the driver side, the annex has one but so many poles...
I'm going to build a awning bracket onto what's left of the removed top rack.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking the same thing about the awning vs the annex.

bshinn

I came to the same conclusion about the tent/awning. It's a ********** to deploy and stow. If you're solo, figure an hour+ to set the whole thing up and 25 min just for the main tent. Having said that, the thing is AWESOME, it's like a friggi'n canvas cabin when deployed, super cool. For my mission profile, it just didn't work. I couldn't justify 2hrs of work (if it stayed dry) to go out for a night or two. If it rained, I got to do it all over again when I got home!

If I were base camping for a longer period, I wouldn't have spent the time or money on the swap. As a bonus, I'm estimating about a 150# weight drop losing the OEM tent/awning. That JK isn't exactly a powerhouse and I can feel a difference going up the mountain.

I can now have the tent open and the 2 of us dry in well under 10 min, and everything deployed in under about 20 min with cold beer in hand. The hardest task is removing the travel cover off the tent.

We've had it for a year now and it's getting pretty dialed in, looking forward to this season!

Check out my post on your Intech thread for more info.

Peace!

Crux JK.jpg

JK Crux.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior